: iPhone 2.0.2 Out. Okay I'll bite

bytemonger
Aug 18th, 2008, 06:31 PM
I figure I will take a try at a newer version because I think my iPhone is a hypochondriac. It seems to have all the problems from low strength to slow downs and safari crashes.

Let you know how it goes later.

Commodus
Aug 18th, 2008, 06:43 PM
Already updated here. Nothing brand spanking new. I've heard Safari and typing may be faster, but that could also be just that cache has been cleared out and so it naturally feels better.

kloan
Aug 18th, 2008, 07:08 PM
Updated

- Safari is the same
- lag still persists
- 3G signal the same
- NO NOTICEABLE DIFFERENCE (yet)

KMPhotos
Aug 18th, 2008, 07:40 PM
Don't notice anything different.
Still really bad lag when typing e-mails and texts.
Still lots of lag when trying to scroll through contacts after opening them.
I REALLY wish Apple could fix this lag problem. It is so annoying that I don't even want to use e-mail, text or contacts. I'm hoping 2.1 in September will be a big improvement.

kloan
Aug 18th, 2008, 08:41 PM
Actually, things seemed to have sped up a bit now.. When I click a contact, it doesn't just sit there doing nothing for 3-4 seconds, it actually highlights the number like it's supposed to and loads quicker.. As well, I'm typing in the quick reply window as I type this and there is a lot less lag.

Chealion
Aug 18th, 2008, 09:33 PM
That was quite a long install - but I noticed my backup (which wasn't actually backing up anything new) was actually slightly faster. Not a lot but a little. Normally it's about 65/70 seconds this time was about 60 seconds. No corroboration on whether that is just an anomaly.

Didn't notice any other improvements. Same speed.

Malco
Aug 18th, 2008, 09:49 PM
It caused mine to ask for a restore which failed three times until I restarted the Mac.

Now it wants to modify 19 contacts.
I have not modified any contacts on the iPhone.
It wasn't adding contacts it asked to modify 19 contacts on my Mac.

Any ideas as to why contacts could have been modified or why the phone thinks contacts have been modified?

fyrefly
Aug 18th, 2008, 09:49 PM
Anyone with a Pwned phone try the update? I had no success with 2.0.1 update - so I'll probably wait till Pwnage tool is updated again. :D

Vexel
Aug 19th, 2008, 01:02 AM
Things are definitely faster here.. Contacts runs perfectly now.

TornStar
Aug 19th, 2008, 03:11 AM
I'm getting full bars on 3G (was 2-3 bars before) and my contacts load much faster. No keyboard leg yet. So far so good.

whatiwant
Aug 19th, 2008, 08:34 AM
full contact list lag still here.
actually it doesnt seem as if anything has changed for me really. I still get the same

reception indoors is the same as before (using field test mode i have -83 in the living room north facing, -95 in the bedroom east facing)

machael
Aug 19th, 2008, 08:57 AM
reduced contact lag. maybe half/1 second as opposed to 5 before.
one more bar of reception in my basement.
nothing else noticable on this end.

bmovie
Aug 19th, 2008, 09:43 AM
reluctant to try on my jailbroken 2.0.1 pwnage phone....anyone else have tried?

Have a feeling it will un-jailbreak the phone.

whatiwant
Aug 19th, 2008, 09:52 AM
reluctant to try on my jailbroken 2.0.1 pwnage phone....anyone else have tried?

Have a feeling it will un-jailbreak the phone.

why ask here when you can get it straight from the horse's mouth here:
blog.iphone-dev.org (http://blog.iphone-dev.org/)

psxp
Aug 19th, 2008, 02:37 PM
found that my email app hangs or lags MORE often now :-(

uPhone
Aug 19th, 2008, 02:52 PM
When ever I show off my iPhone to people, the number one (and usually only) negative comment I get is the lag time it takes to open, use and close most apps.

chimo
Aug 19th, 2008, 03:30 PM
After the 2.0.2 upgrade to my iPod Touch, I now get real beer from the iPint application! ;)

But seriously, I have not noticed much of a difference - perhaps the Contacts app comes up a little faster.

MacDaddy
Aug 19th, 2008, 03:37 PM
full contact list lag still here.
actually it doesnt seem as if anything has changed for me really. I still get the same

reception indoors is the same as before (using field test mode i have -83 in the living room north facing, -95 in the bedroom east facing)

How do you do Field Test Mode?

kloan
Aug 19th, 2008, 03:58 PM
How do you do Field Test Mode?

*3001#12345#* then press dial