: Is it iPhone? Iphone? iphone? IPhone? or no idea?

MacGYVER
Aug 18th, 2008, 01:16 PM
I am so tired of seeing this product spelled incorrectly. How hard is it to spell the product by the way of Apple Inc. which is:

iPhone

That is the name of the device, that is how you spell it. That is how Apple markets the device, it is how Apple labeled the device and it is how Apple has called the device. It is Apple's trademark like the:

iMac
iPod
iTunes
and now iPhone

For those of you who don't get it, it doesn't matter if you start using the iPhone at the beginning of a sentence, as it is a NAME BRAND not a word. So please stop using a capital I.

Please respect Apple's decision on name branding and use the correct spelling. Stop being lazy or over doing it in most cases.

John Clay
Aug 18th, 2008, 01:20 PM
and there isn't a device called the iTouch, damn it! It's iPod touch.

genexxa
Aug 18th, 2008, 01:21 PM
HUUUUUU...

Apple Canada (http://www.apple.com/ca/)

iPhone

slicecom
Aug 18th, 2008, 01:30 PM
iPhone, iPod Touch, iMac etc...

Elric
Aug 18th, 2008, 01:32 PM
yes iTouch is funniest and most infuriating.
But it's only ever called that by people that don't have one, so it's easy to forgive.

I call mine TouchPhone, just to annoy people.

NBiBooker
Aug 18th, 2008, 01:36 PM
What about if iPhone is the start of a sentence?

For example

IPhone 3G users around the world are reporting problems with dropped calls....

D.

slicecom
Aug 18th, 2008, 01:42 PM
What about if iPhone is the start of a sentence?

For example

IPhone 3G users around the world are reporting problems with dropped calls....

D.

iPhone is ALWAYS iPhone, no matter if it's at the start of a sentence or not. The "i" is ALWAYS lower case. :)

freeboater
Aug 18th, 2008, 02:01 PM
I am so tired of seeing this product spelled incorrectly. How hard is it to spell the product by the way of Apple Inc. which is:

iPhone

That is the name of the device, that is how you spell it. That is how Apple markets the device, it is how Apple labeled the device and it is how Apple has called the device. It is Apple's trademark like the:

iMac
iPod
iTunes
and now iPhone

For those of you who don't get it, it doesn't matter if you start using the iPhone at the beginning of a sentence, as it is a NAME BRAND not a word. So please stop using a capital I.

Please respect Apple's decision on name branding and use the correct spelling. Stop being lazy or over doing it in most cases.

And get off his lawn for Christ sake!....damn kids.

After a 60k education in English...I fail to see how this matters in the least. It's a trademark, not a formalized word.

Iphone!
(runs away)

winwintoo
Aug 18th, 2008, 02:17 PM
I just wish people would go and use their (*^&(*&% iPhones and quit posting about them 50 times a day.

So help me if I see one more thread about the "plans" I'll scream :mad:

Maybe they don't have any real reason to own one and posting on ehMac is the only contact they have with the rest of the world.

You can't flame me, I'm wearing my fire retardant underwear.

Margaret

Mississauga
Aug 18th, 2008, 03:52 PM
Yessir!
Right away, sir!
About to jump, sir!
How high, sir?!?

;)

HowEver
Aug 18th, 2008, 04:09 PM
For godsake, please wear your underwear *under* your clothes!

And as for people posting, I completely appreciate that but if we aggregated our insignificant posts here, and put them up against all of the iPhone this and iPhone that posts--we would have wasted so much time it's inconceivable.

Just read what makes you happy, and treat the rest like wisps of candy on the internet. You don't have to put it in your mouth.

I just wish people would go and use their (*^&(*&% iPhones and quit posting about them 50 times a day.

So help me if I see one more thread about the "plans" I'll scream :mad:

Maybe they don't have any real reason to own one and posting on ehMac is the only contact they have with the rest of the world.

You can't flame me, I'm wearing my fire retardant underwear.

Margaret

fjnmusic
Aug 18th, 2008, 04:27 PM
When iThink about you iTouch myself…

Sometimes iWonder why iGet so wound up about this stuff. As long as iRemember the name of the product iWant, iCould probably spell it any old way iCanThink of.

chas_m
Aug 18th, 2008, 07:38 PM
It's gotten so bad that I can't write about the middle east without going back and changing all the "iRaq" references to "Iraq."

Still looks wrong to me. :)

Chantal
Aug 19th, 2008, 01:16 AM
I hear you. I have a MINI Cooper, but I see people call it a Mini all the time.

Jarooda
Aug 19th, 2008, 01:31 AM
I thought it was called iPod touchPhone?!?!?

fjnmusic
Aug 19th, 2008, 03:39 AM
YouTube - The New iRack from Apple (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTOoXpeNwMI)

And one for all the Apple Fanboys and Fangirls:

YouTube - MAD TV- IPHONE- (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wleQ8UvSD-M&feature=related)

ruffdeezy
Aug 19th, 2008, 05:32 AM

iPhone

iMac
iPod
iTunes
and now iPhone

You read my mind
Rant: iPhone vs Iphone | ehPhone.ca - Canada's iPhone Home! (http://www.ehphone.ca/2008/08/rant-iphone-vs-iphone/)