: Ok, how much data did everyone use for their first month?

Bilbo
Aug 14th, 2008, 04:13 PM
Okay, it's been a month since the iPhone came out... I was wondering how much data people used in their first month.

I'll go first...

I used ZERO.

I won't pay Rogers rates and stayed with my PC Mobile piece of crap phone and my iPod Touch.

I believe that my son said that he used about 400 mb for his first month.

I'm just wondering what "real world typical usage" might be.

B

kloan
Aug 14th, 2008, 04:16 PM
Wish I could say... the usage meter is completely inaccurate and my Rogers bill online doesn't show me data usage at all.....

machael
Aug 14th, 2008, 04:21 PM
approx. 350mb

Vexel
Aug 14th, 2008, 04:31 PM
My phone says:

Sent - 11MB
Received - 205MB

That's 3 weeks in. I will have to wait for my first bill until I can determine what Rogers thinks I used. :)

Garry
Aug 14th, 2008, 04:47 PM
1,17gb total.. emails, videos, trailers, etc.

adagio
Aug 14th, 2008, 04:55 PM
Just got my bill and it says 86 MB. My iPhone said about 3X that amount.

Don't forget your iPhone is registering ALL data whether it be on Roger's network or via WiFi.

Jet_Star
Aug 14th, 2008, 05:00 PM
Don't forget your iPhone is registering ALL data whether it be on Roger's network or via WiFi.

Actually it just registers cellular data, not wifi.

freeboater
Aug 14th, 2008, 05:01 PM
701 mb...GPS, Last.fm

props Garry!

adagio
Aug 14th, 2008, 05:04 PM
Actually it just registers cellular data, not wifi.
If that's the case then mine was WAY off from what Rogers thinks I used.

billwong
Aug 14th, 2008, 05:10 PM
The first couple months will likely be your highest as you play around with your new iPhone - downloading stuff because you can do it "twice as fast." Also, you will load up with aps and realize you don't need 90% of them, but it looks good.

I've had an iPhone for almost a year now and my usage has settled to an average of almost 200 Mb/month. Reminds me of our teenagers getting their first cell phone. Their usage for the first few months were astronomical (texting can add up) and then they settle down with their not so new "toy."

Everyone is worried about the cost of the iPhone per month. I paid more for data on my first BlackBerry and I find the iPhone is more usable and has more uses compared to a BlackBerry. I only used the BlackBerry for email using just over 1 Mb of data, and the plan cost me over $40 for data a month. I'm sure plans have changed, but that is what I paid just a year ago.

CaptainCode
Aug 15th, 2008, 01:36 PM
137MB in about 2 weeks. Oh yeah and Rogers turned data on with my account so it worked but didn't activate the plan until 2 days later. So now they're trying to rip me off for about $18 for 349KB 2 days before my plan started but definitely after it was supposed to have been activated. The guy said just wait about 2 hrs so you don't get charged for usage. Going to have to call them tomorrow. >()

psxp
Aug 15th, 2008, 03:15 PM
60meg in the past 2 weeks..

App Store, emails, maps mainly.

Rounder
Aug 15th, 2008, 03:24 PM
Used 3.1GB of data in first month. GPS, Videos, Flytunes (accounts for about 2GB but there are wicked radio station on there), emails, surfing... and I did a lot of it, reaching 6GB is a feat that I doubt anyone will accomplish in a month.