Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

mobileme & iCal

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  West Coast Boy 
#1 ·
I decided to give mobileme a try to see if it would help organize two computers and now two iPhones - to at least some resemblance of consistency.

It sort of worked the first time I tried it but then I realized that there were overlaps in a couple of the calendars we had in iCal so I deleted some on one of the macs. Mobileme ('the cloud') handled it fine as did the one iPhone I've set up. But now neither of the two computers will sync with MobileMe.

I keep getting the following message:

Calendars could not be synced due to inconsistent data. Confirm that your computer's data is valid, then reset Calendars on MobileMe in System Preferences.

It took me a while but I finally found the reset sync button in the MobileMe systems preferences pane and also went through the MobileMe help instructions of reseting syncing in iSync and by using their terminal script but still nothing on the two computers.

Any thoughts on how I can get them to play nicely? The push calendar sync looked promising up until this so I'd really like it to actually work.

Thanks for any and all suggestions.

See less See more
#3 ·
It's also possible that this is a symptom of the server issues Apple is having. My MobileMe isn't synching anything properly. Contacts deleted via the web still show up in my Address Book and on my iPhone. Appointments entered on my iPhone don't show up on the web. Etc.

It'll be a great service when it works but for now it's all just theory for me.

#4 ·
My wife has also been unable to sync her two iMacs with MobileMe, she can push the calendar changes up to the cloud (and everything is there) but nothing comes down to the computers. We even stopped into the Apple store in Lynnwood last weekend and one of the Geniuses there spent about 3/4 of an hour trying to get the syncing working (he even grabbed one of their laptops and setup a test account on it) and was uanble to get it to work.

She has been trying to get through to the MobileMe tech support for the last week but keeps having the connection drop (twice today), or is unable to get through (system tells her that no one is available right now, and to try again later).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.