: Fido out of iPhones -- Contract holders must wait till July 24th

bshell
Jul 14th, 2008, 06:35 PM
1. Fido is now telling callers that they are back-ordered until Aug 1 on iPhones. No iPhones at Fido until Aug 1.

2. I renegotiated my Fido plan in December. After about 5 years without a contract I signed on for a 2 year contract in return for a good package price with lots of nice features. At the time I was assured I could get an iPhone when it came out. This weekend I called Fido to learn that people on new contracts cannot get iPhones without paying a $400 penalty. Apparently an announcement will be made on July 24 explaining how people already on contract can get an iPhone from Fido.

Anyone else have this experience? Any advice?

HowEver
Jul 14th, 2008, 06:38 PM
https://www.ehmac.ca/ipod-itunes-iphone-apple-tv/66863-rogers-new-shipment-iphone-3g.html

satchmo
Jul 14th, 2008, 06:58 PM
Anyone else have this experience? Any advice?

Call a retail store and pick one up there.

bshell
Jul 14th, 2008, 07:01 PM
Call a retail store and pick one up there.

I've gone to one retail store. They won't sell me an iPhone because I'm already on contract.

Mocha
Jul 14th, 2008, 10:56 PM
I picked up a 16GB black iPhone from the Fido booth in Markville Sat aft. No line up, but they only had two phones left - 8GB black and 16GB White. I went for the 8GB, but it said 16GB on the box. I decided to take the plunge anyway, but the code the rep entered from the box came up as an 8GB, and she claimed that she couldn't change it. Needless to say I was more than OK with that!!

I just tried surfing while using the speakerphone, and have to say that this really does change the game!!!

:clap: