: Lost My 3G

MoveZig
Jul 11th, 2008, 07:12 PM
I finally got my iPhone activated and I was happily browsing using 3G. Then I tried using wifi and that worked too. Now that I left and don't have wifi, I can't access the internet at all. I have full bars and can talk on the phone and send text messages.

Any ideas?

HowEver
Jul 11th, 2008, 07:15 PM
Whew! From the thread title, I thought you lost your phone!

photonut13
Jul 11th, 2008, 08:01 PM
I have this exact same problem, are you with fido or rogers? I am with Fido. I called customer support and they couldn't figure it out and said when he tried with his iphone he couldn't download anything either so it might be fairly widespread. Maybe all the new iphones crashed the 3G internet part of the network? He said to call back tomorrow if it still is not working.

kloan
Jul 11th, 2008, 08:16 PM
3G service SUCKS right now.... they're still 'upgrading'. Good luck with all that....

JSvo
Jul 11th, 2008, 08:47 PM
So after all the hype, lack of stock and activation pain, 3G barely works too?

:lmao:

This whole thing's a mess. I'm glad I've put off getting one. Too much pain; not enough gain!

snowmen
Jul 11th, 2008, 08:56 PM
I cannot go to any webpage with my 3G neither!

Wifi works though... (Of course...)

Also, EDGE doesn't connect neither...

p.s. I'm with Rogers

MoveZig
Jul 11th, 2008, 08:56 PM
I'm with Fido. Ok powered off my phone and got my 3G icon back but no access still. I'm writing this from my phone on wifi.

K_OS
Jul 11th, 2008, 09:16 PM
this should work out in my favor when they ask me why I don't want a data plan with my iPhone.

Laterz :)

photonut13
Jul 11th, 2008, 10:10 PM
Well its still not working for me, but obviously they have got to get this fixed, they cannot keep charging for a service that does not even work. Also what do you want to bet that the influx of iPhones overloaded the network? I advise that everyone that has the problem keep phoning in and complaining and hopefully they get it all worked out.

snowmen
Jul 11th, 2008, 10:51 PM
... ...
I phoned Rogers iPhone Technical Support.

and...
They told me to go to "Setting", and then "General", go to very button "Reset", and then "Reset All Settings",

and...

du... du... du... :eek:

wtf... it still not working... Is it the way they try to hang up the phone? :rolleyes:

photonut13
Jul 11th, 2008, 10:54 PM
... ...

and...
They told me to go to "Setting", and then "General", go to very button "Reset", and then "Reset All Settings",

and...

wtf... it still not working... Is it the way they try to hang up the phone? :rolleyes:

They told me the same thing, it worked a little earlier in the day when there weren't so many activated iPhones and it worked for a bit, then i lost my signal for a bit and i never got it back no matter how much I try to reset it. I am sure that its a problem with the network.

snowmen
Jul 11th, 2008, 11:03 PM
That sucks...

I'm gonna go to Roger's store tomorrow, and if they cannot fix the problem, I'm gonna ask to delay the starting day for the 6G plan...

migs
Jul 11th, 2008, 11:28 PM
No 3G nor Edge web access for me too. I guess that's why I can't use the App Store.

photonut13
Jul 11th, 2008, 11:32 PM
Hey i just got 3G back, lets see how long this lasts

uPhone
Jul 12th, 2008, 12:06 AM
... ...

and...

and...

Same here, they told me to do that.

I finally have EDGE now but it's very slow (30KBPS)

I'm getting kind of crappy service and NO 3G (although I don't even know if we get 3G where I am right now: Wasaga Beach)

MoveZig
Jul 12th, 2008, 12:50 AM
just got my 3G back

fyrefly
Jul 12th, 2008, 01:17 AM
Ya, so it's been a network problem. So lets recap all of the things that were down/constantly interrupted due to network problems today:

1. iTunes iPhone Activations
2. Rogers Computers
3. Me.com
4. Rogers EDGE/3G

What a day for all :D

snowmen
Jul 12th, 2008, 01:40 AM
Hey i just got 3G back, lets see how long this lasts

I got mine working about 2 hours ago...
:clap: