: iPhone rate price change for existing users?

definetheline
Jul 7th, 2008, 10:39 AM
I've been lurking around these forums for awhile, and just wanted to get a clear answer on something. If I buy an iPhone on Friday with the current $60 rate plan (really $75 with hidden fees and taxes), and Rogers decides to add data to that plan or lower the price after the fact, will I get the value/lower price of that rate.

Or do I sign into paying for that rate for three years?

Any clarification on that would be great. You guys rock. :)

HowEver
Jul 7th, 2008, 10:48 AM
Rogers has confirmed that, like with any other monthly plan they have, you can change your plan at any time to any other Rogers plan.

The exception made for the iPhone is that *if* you take an iPhone-specific $60+ plan and change it to something less than $30 (including both voice and data) there is a one-time $50 fee.

If you simply use your existing monthly plan, you can change it to anything you want any time you want, with no penalty. There is probably a rule about not going lower than $20/month, and other data plans (i.e., not the iPhone ones) may have an early cancellation fee ($5 per month remaining, max $100).

Of course, things may change before Friday. It may be best to ask Rogers on Friday or after.