: AppleCare: does it cover power adapters?

CubaMark
May 12th, 2008, 05:48 PM
My original MacBook power adapter finally fried its line (literally - that lovely burned wire just as it comes out of the brick).

Is this within AppleCare's coverage? Or is it "standard wear and tear"?

M

chas_m
May 12th, 2008, 05:52 PM
In another thread (do a search, I'm on my way out the door), there is information about a suit settlement that covers exactly this topic. It may (or may not) apply to you.

It's NOT standard wear and tear.

HowEver
May 12th, 2008, 06:59 PM
There is no question: AppleCare covers the power adapter.

What you might not know is that it *also* covers your Airport/Time Capsule, and that Apple keyboard and mouse etc. you bought separately--so long as you have a computer covered by AppleCare.

Adrian.
May 12th, 2008, 07:37 PM
There is no question: AppleCare covers the power adapter.

What you might not know is that it *also* covers your Airport/Time Capsule, and that Apple keyboard and mouse etc. you bought separately--so long as you have a computer covered by AppleCare.

Interesting. So if I have a macbook with mm and apple keyboard then that is covered under apple care?

fyrefly
May 12th, 2008, 08:33 PM
The lawsuit covers 2001-era Powerbooks/iBooks, not MacBooks. But Applecare will look after you. :D

twolf3232
May 12th, 2008, 09:52 PM
My original MacBook power adapter finally fried its line (literally - that lovely burned wire just as it comes out of the brick).

Is this within AppleCare's coverage? Or is it "standard wear and tear"?

M

Should be. The same thing happened to me over Christmas, and they sent me a new one.

I actually came here tonight to say how much I love AppleCare. They're sending me a new battery, free of charge, since I'm only showing about 44% capacity.

HowEver
May 12th, 2008, 10:42 PM
Interesting. So if I have a macbook with mm and apple keyboard then that is covered under apple care?

The answer is here (https://www.ehmac.ca/674741-post4.html).