: Erratic iMac Mouse

redhalton
May 2nd, 2008, 09:14 AM
Hi

My new system (iMac) is only 3 months old and I think I may have worn my mouse out already.

The scroll ball on top only works intermittently--I can scroll down, but coming back up doesn't work.

Do I need to send this to Apple or can I bring it back to the authorized delaer for replacement?

Thanks...

The Doug
May 2nd, 2008, 09:20 AM
The scroll ball needs cleaning. Look here (http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=302417), and maybe search the ehMac forums too - this topic comes up from time to time and people have offered their own tips in various threads.

screature
May 2nd, 2008, 10:39 AM
Hi

My new system (iMac) is only 3 months old and I think I may have worn my mouse out already.

The scroll ball on top only works intermittently--I can scroll down, but coming back up doesn't work.

Do I need to send this to Apple or can I bring it back to the authorized delaer for replacement?

Thanks...

Mac mice just plain suck (IMHO). It is the one area that Apple has and continues to lag in as far as product development goes. I know there is probably no money in developing a better mouse, but just to keep it from being an embarrassment relative to the rest of their products, I really wish the would put a team on this. I mean everything else they do is so well designed and works so well, you think that just for pride alone they would come up with a better mouse. It doesn't even fit in anymore from an aesthetic standpoint.

Veej
May 2nd, 2008, 12:18 PM
Ya the mighty mouse really sucks..I got the MX Revolution from Logitec. The apple mouse would give my hand cramps cause it does support your palm properly. The damn thing does not even look good now that all the imac are black and alluminum. Like the F#@@king iPhone dock and cable and charger, the White has to go...now nothing is with except the accesories.