: I got an iPod Touch

VictorDTarsus
Apr 26th, 2008, 10:32 PM
Hey guys, I just bought an iPod touch and it rules! Not only am I posting to ehmac but listening to all of my music at the same time. Who here has an iPod Touch?:)

james_squared
Apr 27th, 2008, 02:24 AM
I don't have one, but I would certainly be interested in acquiring one at a later date if I can get approval from the CFO at the house.

James

greensuperman32
Apr 27th, 2008, 02:34 AM
I have one, a 32GB model. Have you jailbroken yours yet?

mikelc2
Apr 27th, 2008, 03:16 AM
Hey guys, I just bought an iPod touch and it rules! Not only am I posting to ehmac but listening to all of my music at the same time. Who here has an iPod Touch?:)

*Don't* Visit My Site @ TGI-Media Entertainment
(My site is currently offline until 406 dollars in US funds can be gathered up to pay for another 24 month hosting package.)

Why not go with a cheaper host. I know a few.

Mike

gadgetguy
Apr 27th, 2008, 03:27 AM
3ix.com is what I use.

Sorry to go off topic however I ~HATE~ seeing people overpaying for webhosting.

For my iPod situation, I would like to get a Touch (16 GB) in the next bit here and sell my 5G 30GB so I can have on the go wifi but I need a new cell anyway so it's really a tossup for me between 8 GB iPhone and 16 GB Touch. It would suck to run out of space with a piece of equipment that expensive.

SoyMac
Apr 27th, 2008, 08:18 AM
Got an iPod Touch.
LOVE IT! :clap:

Mr. Fartleberry
Apr 27th, 2008, 08:38 AM
Be careful the back scratches seemingly on exposure to air.

seymorerage
Apr 27th, 2008, 10:21 AM
I don't have one, but I would certainly be interested in acquiring one at a later date if I can get approval from the CFO at the house.

James

LOL I know the feeling. I will just be happy with my 4gb nano.

Adrian.
Apr 27th, 2008, 10:46 AM
Get a case!

I would advise a belkin sreen film. They are about ten bucks. Work well. Just be really careful applying it in a vacuum sealed room, seriously.

Also, jailbreak it and add some adds and summerboard it!

I used ziphone 3.0 build. Worked seamlessly.

A factory and a jailbroken touch are like two different things.

For example, I play old super nintendo games on mine!

cheers

ps. sorry for my broken structure.beejacon

mmp
Apr 27th, 2008, 12:26 PM
I have a 16gig as well and love it. When we went to Disneyland at Easter my 8 year old loved watching videos on it, great for the kids as well! My wife got me mine for Christmas, was quite a nice surprise. Agreed that jaibroken is the way to go.

machael
Apr 27th, 2008, 12:50 PM
I sold my 8 gig with the intention of getting an iPhone.
I've since decided to wait for the legitimate launch of it. Pretty stupid of me :o

maximusbibicus
Apr 27th, 2008, 05:53 PM
I do not have an iPod Touch.

nice&easy, mac&cheesey
Jun 1st, 2008, 08:48 PM
Be careful the back scratches seemingly on exposure to air.

This made me laugh for two reasons:
1. It's a ridiculous notion; and
2. It's 100% true.

markw
Jun 2nd, 2008, 12:11 PM
I've seen reviews that claim that the sound quality from the Touch isn't that good. I recently got an 80GB Classic and noticed that there is less HISS during quiet passages. This is most important for me since my Shure's cost as much as the 32GB Touch.
Seriously I'd love a touch for movies but what's the point of carrying around another device for the rest of my music! If they Make a touch with a Hard drive something like the Zune, then I'm getting one! Meanwhile I've got my entire library, several movies and Diana Krall videos all on my Classic. And I still have 42GB of leftover space!:lmao:

Indigo Jones
Jun 2nd, 2008, 01:33 PM
I bought a 16GB iPod Touch about a month ago and I love it. The sense of freedom of being able to web surf, check my mail etc. on a wireless network is fantastic. Safari is really well designed (along with the other apps), the touch interface is brilliant, the screen is crisp and the wifi is really capable. Oh, and I almost forgot, it's not a bad music player either...:)
My only issue is the battery life - watching video really taxes the battery even with the screen brightness set to about 25%. I don't think I could watch a feature-length film on a single charge. For what I mainly do, however (web, mail, music and photos), battery life isn't an issue.

monokitty
Jun 2nd, 2008, 01:36 PM
I want a Touch... :(

irontree
Jun 2nd, 2008, 02:16 PM
I don't think I could watch a feature-length film on a single charge. For what I mainly do, however (web, mail, music and photos), battery life isn't an issue.

Funny... on my near 3 year old original 5th gen I can watch a 2 hour movie on a single charge without issue. Something tells me that the battery on the iPod Touch is of greater capacity.

harzack86
Jun 2nd, 2008, 03:50 PM
Funny... on my near 3 year old original 5th gen I can watch a 2 hour movie on a single charge without issue. Something tells me that the battery on the iPod Touch is of greater capacity.

As a matter of fact, I own a 32Gb Touch, and last time I traveled, I was able to watch 2 full length movies and still be able to listen to music and play some games afterwards. That was such as nice treat compared to the poor (windows powered) entertainment systems they have on the planes :-)

SINC
Jun 2nd, 2008, 04:00 PM
I am on my second iPod Touch, 16G. The first one replaced by Apple had a battery life of an hour or so just surfing the web and getting and sending e-mail.

Sadly the replacement is not much better. It will barely last two hours. I can't even watch one feature length movie without a recharge.

If I leave it unused in my briefcase for a few days, turned off and with airport turned off, it loses half its charge.

I am truly disappointed in my Touch so far.

monokitty
Jun 2nd, 2008, 04:08 PM
I am on my second iPod Touch, 16G. The first one replaced by Apple had a battery life of an hour or so just surfing the web and getting and sending e-mail.

Sadly the replacement is not much better. It will barely last two hours. I can't even watch one feature length movie without a recharge.

If I leave it unused in my briefcase for a few days, turned off and with airport turned off, it loses half its charge.

I am truly disappointed in my Touch so far.

Get it replaced a second time. That's not acceptable performance.

harzack86
Jun 2nd, 2008, 04:11 PM
Get it replaced a second time. That's not acceptable performance.

I agree. Mine lasts 5 hours of intensive use.

HowEver
Jun 2nd, 2008, 04:16 PM
I want a Touch... :(

I'm touched.

monokitty
Jun 2nd, 2008, 04:22 PM
I'm touched.

http://www.torontomazda3.ca/forum/images/smilies/eeknopu.gif

Jun 2nd, 2008, 05:25 PM
I had one, and sold it. I think I'm cured of gadget-itis, now :) IT was cool, and I realized after 2 months I didn'T NEED it, but I needed the money I invested in it lol.

Patrix