: Bling Air

MacDoc
Apr 22nd, 2008, 10:05 PM
http://www.computer-choppers.com/pics/macbookair1.jpg

Computer Choppers - The absolute best in custom computers and accessories (http://www.computer-choppers.com/)

tango
Apr 22nd, 2008, 10:40 PM
I'm crying. A lot.

dona83
Apr 22nd, 2008, 10:46 PM
So shiny...

Adrian.
Apr 22nd, 2008, 10:46 PM
tacky.

HowEver
Apr 22nd, 2008, 11:12 PM
Doesn't that double the weight of the Air?

tango
Apr 22nd, 2008, 11:15 PM
wonder whether they opted for the jeweled or gold plated adaptor..

Macinguelph
Apr 22nd, 2008, 11:33 PM
That's great. Now everyone with a Hummer with chrome 22" Wheels, a teeth grill and a giant gold chain around their neck has a laptop to buy.

None for me thanks!

kloan
Apr 22nd, 2008, 11:50 PM
Stunning! Absolutely GORGEOUS!!

...... if you're a PIMP!! Man that thing is gawdy........ especially the Apple logo...

Those guys are annoying.. there are so many nicer ways they can mod these things, but they always opt for the seemingly ugliest and tackiest ways to do it.

monokitty
Apr 23rd, 2008, 01:07 AM
That's great. Now everyone with a Hummer with chrome 22" Wheels, a teeth grill and a giant gold chain around their neck has a laptop to buy.

Yeah... :D

That thing is nasty.

dibenga
Apr 23rd, 2008, 11:11 AM
ridiculous

StageDive
Apr 23rd, 2008, 11:41 AM
Hideous. Defacing of a great machine. The Sequine'd apple logo is what broke the horse's back, don't you think?

Apr 23rd, 2008, 11:58 AM
It's tacky and lame, unless you're a gangsta rapper in which case it's uber cool.

MacDoc
Apr 23rd, 2008, 01:33 PM
Why I think we DO have a consensus.....CONTROVERSIAL :D

bgw
Apr 23rd, 2008, 02:19 PM
Taste and class are usually best emphasized by understatement; Apple machines, out of the box, have tonnes of it.

This..... well.... how do I put it politely....

Better simply not say anything!

lookitsmarc
Apr 23rd, 2008, 02:53 PM
If I were going to mod my mac, I think I would go for a steampunked look ( la Mini (http://steampunkworkshop.com/daveveloz.shtml)). I think you could come up with some good ideas for a mac portable.

emgurl
Apr 23rd, 2008, 03:02 PM
wow..... i have no words.........

tango
Apr 23rd, 2008, 03:48 PM
really when you think about it having a mac already says something about how much you paid for your computer.... you're not fooling anyone by pimping it out like that...

Kosh
Apr 23rd, 2008, 04:24 PM
Now you can honestly say Macs are expensive.

I can see that going great with a nice expensive wooden desk. Call me the man with the golden Mac!

EvanPitts
Apr 23rd, 2008, 04:28 PM
I think it looks cool, but it would be even better plated with Platinum, with the Apple logo carved out of a Ruby!

Mississauga
Apr 23rd, 2008, 04:42 PM
I think it looks cool, but it would be even better plated with Platinum, with the Apple logo carved out of a Ruby!I too belong to the minority who think it looks good. I wonder how many offer opposing viewpoints 'cause they simply can't afford it, but won't admit it? Me thinks plenty.

MacDoc
Apr 23rd, 2008, 04:58 PM
The word ostentatious does cross my mind...the jewelled logo is perhaps a bit over the top...but then it's BLING!!!

Matching gold plated Hummer perhaps :rolleyes:

EvanPitts
Apr 23rd, 2008, 05:21 PM
I too belong to the minority who think it looks good. I wonder how many offer opposing viewpoints 'cause they simply can't afford it, but won't admit it? Me thinks plenty.

I do too, considering that for what it can do, the MBA is expensive to start with. People should jazz their systems up, if they have the talent to. Years ago, I painted a PC with "gold" paint and people oooh'd and aaah'd - mostly because it wasn't just crummy old beige. Apple has gone to a rather boring look of late. They used to have the Life Savers colours, Dalmations, Flower Power, and even the cool look of the pearlescent white. Now everything is either brushed aluminum, or in the case of the MacBook, either in white that had paint chipping off, or in black that stains from skin oils... Now, a Mac is still much more cool looking than any PC - but they don't have the range of appealing colours that they used to carry.

Come to think about it, Apple should sell an unpainted machine that can be fully customized! Then I could paint one the same colour as my car. (And in turn, my car is the same colour as my iMac...)

Kosh
Apr 23rd, 2008, 06:17 PM
Color is available too...

ColorWare - MacBook® Air (http://www.colorwarepc.com/p-126-macbook-air.aspx)

...just not from Apple.

This is one advantage to Apple going that plain look.

Andrew Pratt
Apr 23rd, 2008, 06:26 PM
My dislike for that abomination has nothing to do with how much it costs...its just wrong on so many levels.

Adrian.
Apr 23rd, 2008, 07:45 PM
Its just tacky as hell. Its like putting a canadian tire fart tube and some flashing windshield wipers on a ferrari or a bentley or something. If you want to pain your ferrari another colour, well whatever, but come on the damn gem stones on the logo. Smells of Kanye West or Don King...tacky tacky tacky!

Macfury
Apr 23rd, 2008, 07:52 PM
I would dearly love to do my equipment 1940s style, but the current brushed aluminum of the MacPro and monitor are so far in that direction, I'd ruin them trying to push it further.

EvanPitts
Apr 23rd, 2008, 08:49 PM
I would dearly love to do my equipment 1940s style, but the current brushed aluminum of the MacPro and monitor are so far in that direction, I'd ruin them trying to push it further.

Apple could make their systems more funky, by having the option of analog controls and large panels of flashing lights - like on the Bat Computer!