Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

Wireless HELP Please?

717 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  mindy 
#1 ·
Hey everyone. Starting today I am finding that wherever I go, whatever network I use I am having problems with my wireless connection. The main thing that will happen is that I will get an error telling me that the IP address that my mac is trying to use is already in use on the network, no matter what IP address I try to make it use, even ones I KNOW for a FACT are not in use!

Has anyone else ever encountered this problem? Can anyone give me any ideas of how to fix this? Or even better, does anyone know, definitively, how to fix this problem?

Thank you all in advance.

#2 ·
Gosh I wish you had told us if you had a hardwired (static) IP written in your settings somewhere. Because it sounds as though your Mac has a static IP set up and it is a common IP address often used by (and thus conflicts with) other networks. Oh well.

First thing to try is making an entirely new "location" in your network settings, then configuring that location for the network you want to use at the time. Does that work okay?

#3 ·
I've tried static IP, DHCP with manual IP, DHCP same problem no matter which I use. And same problem no matter what location I use. I have already exhausted all the obvious solutions and none of those helped, that is why I have posted here. I know my mac is wrongfully thinking the IP is in use because it doesn't matter which IP i try to use it just does the same thing. Not to mention that if I connect via ethernet and make a static IP to the one that it was telling me was in use over the wireless it works over the ethernet.

So this is not a common network conflict, it is my mac screwing up over the wireless!

#5 ·
wireless router help

I have 3 pcs that run windows xp i purchased a macbook on april 28th i am having trouble with my other pcs connecting to the internet i have called apple and they say they have never heard of that problem but on thier forums from the apple website there are lots of posts on this subject i have talked to lynksys also and we cannot resolve this problem because the pc is not reading the isp. i read in the apple forums to try changing the channel to a dedicated channel, but i have no clue what that is supposed to mean.

PLEASE HELLLLLPPPP!!!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.