: Grand Theft Auto 4

scandy
Apr 19th, 2008, 03:45 PM
Is anyone else counting down the days to April 29th like me? Wishing they could just sleep their way to the 29th so that the biggest game of the year could be played RIGHT NOW? :)

chas_m
Apr 19th, 2008, 04:00 PM
Um, no.

I've played GTA but apart from the radio station (which ROCKED!) I'm afraid I haven't seen the real attraction. If I want to see people use cars as a deadly weapon with complete disregard for the law and the value of human life, I'll move back to Florida.

Badoom-CHING! Thank you, I'll be here all week! Don't forget to tip your waitress!

scandy
Apr 19th, 2008, 04:01 PM
Hah good one...

MannyP Design
Apr 19th, 2008, 05:28 PM
I'm eagerly waiting for my copy. I traded in a couple of my 360 games and ordered the special edition via EBGames.

Wheee!

Flipstar
Apr 19th, 2008, 08:02 PM
I think I'm going to pre-order this week. All Futureshops (except Sudbury and Quebec locations) are having a midnight release. Not to mention the downtown location is having a GTA IV party starting at 9pm.. I'm not that crazy though...

As for the Florida joke... I fully agree.. XX)

scandy
Apr 19th, 2008, 09:53 PM
Oh they are doing a midnight release? I may have to take part in that as I wanna be FIRST! haha

scandy
Apr 19th, 2008, 09:59 PM
Anyone know if you have to go down to the store to do the pre-order thing before the midnight release? I just tried the website, and it said that I could only pre-order it to have it shipped, no in-store pickup :(

gwillikers
Apr 20th, 2008, 01:09 AM
Does anyone know if there will be a PC version, I'm only seeing console versions? :confused:

scandy
Apr 20th, 2008, 02:03 PM
Unfortunately for you I think its only for the consoles for now... That may change in the future though as San andreas eventually made its way to xbox from ps2.

james_squared
Apr 20th, 2008, 05:45 PM
I played the first GTA and must say it was quite a bit of fun at the time. I really enjoyed the flame thower and, as stated above, the radio stations were probably the best part of the game. I always liked getting into the pickup to hear some of those lovely twangy guitars in the song "The Ballad Of Chapped Lips Calhoun" by Sideways Hank O'Malley (And The Alabama Bottle Boys).

James

scandy
Apr 21st, 2008, 03:46 PM
Just an update... found this on FS's website:

futureshop.ca (http://www.futureshop.ca/marketing/GTA_IV/default.asp?langid=EN&logon=&langid=EN)

Those in TO, Calgary, Edmonton, and Vancouver can head down for 9pm for a chance to win a PS3.

Jacklar
Apr 24th, 2008, 03:55 PM
there will finally be something else to play other then COD4 for a bit.

I traded in virtually all of my xbox games for GTA 4 and PSP + God of War.

I'm looking forward to the downloadable content via Xbox Live which is going to be sweet.

scandy
Apr 24th, 2008, 04:06 PM
Yah I've played the snot outta cod4 and rockband lately. Can't wait for this one.

Hit me up on xbox live if you wanna play. I'm "platedroppah"