: Best Way to Install FCS and Logic

Megs_29
Apr 16th, 2008, 09:22 AM
Hey everyone

On my older MBPro (80 Gig harddrive), I don't have enough space to install Final Cut and Logic.. I tried to install it on an external but it wouldnt work. What is the best way for me to move the majority of my files off my MBPro in order to make enough room for those installs? Would hosting my iPhoto and iTunes library on an external be the best option?

planders
Apr 18th, 2008, 09:05 AM
I can't speak for Final Cut as I don't have it (yet), but Logic Studio lets you install most of its library content on an external drive, and that's what I've done. That moves over 34 GB of data off your main disk. All content items must be redirected individually which is a bit annoying, but it definitely works.

If you're going to be using those apps on an MBP, a hard disk upgrade might be a wise move. I boosted mine to a 320 GB drive last December. While it's not as easy as on a MacBook, apart from removing a ton of screws and untaping a single wire from the drive it was actually very easy to do. Much easier than many PC laptops in fact, even some where the drive appears to be readily accessible in its own compartment.