: Newbie Question 2

NAP MBP 1
Apr 6th, 2008, 04:35 PM
Thanks to everyone's help I am getting the hang of the MAC file system and have the external monitor issue settled down.

However, in getting things moved from the PC to the MAC I have done something to loose the network connection. I can go to other systems and cannot ping the MAC and I cannot see other systems from the MAC. I am very confused. Any ideas/help greatly appreciated.

I checked the archives but could not find the cure.

Norm

guytoronto
Apr 6th, 2008, 04:50 PM
You'll have to give us more details.

Based on what you've said, your Mac (not MAC) is not connected to the same network as your PC.

Are you wired in or using wireless?

NAP MBP 1
Apr 6th, 2008, 07:29 PM
My Mac is connected by Airport to a Linksys router (wireless & ethernet). There are 2 PC and a printer on the network as well as the Mac.

When I first got connected I was able to see the home network in Finder and located files to import them onto the Mac. Once I got all of my Outlook information transferred I removed office xp from the pc. After that the network was not visible in finder anymore.

Sorry about the Mac spelling error, I need to adapt more than just the thought process away from the pc. I might ad that my 2nd computer after the Timex was an Apple IIe. Still have it still starts but the graphics I was so impressed with then are pretty bad by today's standards.

Norm