: Help with Macbook boot camp/booting probs.

akbar
Mar 30th, 2008, 08:27 PM
I've got a Macbook, configured with an XP partition that I installed using bootcamp. After my last reboot, I seem to have lost access to my windows partition.

When it boots now, I can no longer bring up the option to switch hard drives by holding down "Alt/option" key. Nor can I boot to a CD in the drive by holding down "C". Nor does "D" get me into diagnostics as I have read.

In fact, there's something a bit "off" about the booting process itself. In the past, the machine would restart, and I would hear a pleasant note once the computer restarted, and then I would see an animated circle in the center of the screen. Soon after that, I'd get my login screen. Now, there's no musical note, no animated circle, and the machine takes 10 minutes to get to my login screen.

Something is acting very funny here, but I don't know where to begin troubleshooting. The basic things such as booting from CD or booting with diagnostics don't seem to work.

Does anyone have any advice as to what may have happened, or what I can do from here to diagnose and/or repair the problem?

thank you
akbar.

gwillikers
Apr 1st, 2008, 07:02 AM
It seems to me that you're experiencing a hardware failure of some kind. Hopefully you're still under warranty, and if so, call Apple. Back up your important files in any event.