: Syncing files over multiple macs / iPhone

bob99
Mar 9th, 2008, 05:09 AM
Hi everyone,

My home machine is a Macbook, and I have a new eMac that I will be using in a secondary office location. Is there any way to easily sync files between these computers over the internet?

Specifically, I would like to have data from MacJournal available on both machines, constantly updated to the latest version. When something is changed on one system, it automatically updates on the second. It seems like I would require some sort of IMAP-esque file server to make this happen. Does such a thing exist?

I would also like to sync web bookmarks, which I know can be done through del.icio.us, but I was never happy with the way the del.icio.us bookmarks loaded up (they were hard to arrange, never reflected the icons of the website, etc.)

Another thing I'd like to do is make a to-do list that can be read on my iPhone, but it will also show up on both my computers and they'll all be in sync. Delete something from the list on any system, and both others automatically update.

Is this a realistic request? How do people with multiple systems sync data over all of them?

Thanks,

Bob

a7mc
Mar 9th, 2008, 06:39 AM
Don't have time for a lengthy post, but the simple answer: dotMac. dotMac will let you do all of those things.

A7