: I need some help i installed the incorrect OSX

Tom Thomas
Mar 9th, 2008, 04:44 AM
I installed OSX 10.3.9 and i should have installed 10.4 can someone please help
when i go to install 10.4 my system says that it can not be installed on this sysetm. and i know it can because i had it installed before.
this is a mac mini.

chas_m
Mar 9th, 2008, 08:59 AM
Change the install option to "Erase and Install" and it will work.

Of course, this will ERASE YOUR HARD DRIVE. So be aware of that.

madgunde
Mar 9th, 2008, 12:40 PM
Does it say it can't be installed right when the disc boots or only after selecting the hard disk after selecting a language and agreeing to the license agreement? The reason I ask is if it says so right away after booting the disc, then you're trying to use a disc from another model of Mac on your Mac mini and it won't let you.

If it lets you get to the point where you can choose the hard disk to install on, then you can either try erase and install or also give archive and install a try if you don't have a place to back up your files to.

I've never heard of not being able to install 10.4 on any version of 10.3.9 though, so I suspect you're trying to use a disc from a different model.

Tom Thomas
Mar 9th, 2008, 02:28 PM
Does it say it can't be installed right when the disc boots or only after selecting the hard disk after selecting a language and agreeing to the license agreement? The reason I ask is if it says so right away after booting the disc, then you're trying to use a disc from another model of Mac on your Mac mini and it won't let you.

If it lets you get to the point where you can choose the hard disk to install on, then you can either try erase and install or also give archive and install a try if you don't have a place to back up your files to.

I've never heard of not being able to install 10.4 on any version of 10.3.9 though, so I suspect you're trying to use a disc from a different model.

It says that it cant be installed on this computer after i select the language and then it shows me the harddrive to select and then an alert comes up saying it cant do it.
It was installed on this system before useing these disks.
I think that something must have gone wrong with these disks. they are scratched up