: HELP my imac internet has slowed to dial up speeds

arnesto
Mar 8th, 2008, 01:00 PM
My imac I bought in August has recently slowed to dial up speed.

System:
imac 20 inch 2.4 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
2GB Ram
Dlink DI-604 router and Dlink DSL 300G ADSL Modem

Telus Hi speed

OS Toger and Leopard* see below

I bought a Dell PC at the same time and in comparissons the imac blew it away- now it is the opposite - imac is near dial up in perfromance

I upgraded to Leopard as soon as apple released it and I had no problems until the other day (maybe a slight slow down - just less than instant) with my last updates on May2nd things started to crawl (slow down actually occurred May 3rd and has not gone away)

Web pages slow to load first items, then long pause-load some more and pause nearing forever to load the last few items of a web page.
Some web pages not as bad as others but still slow.

I tried swapping cables every which way and it makes no diff PC works on connection and imac is dead slow (of note mail seems ok but of course mail is smaller data size)

I tried turning off IPv6, different DNS, manual ethernet setup etc... all to no avail.

Finally I gave up and reloaded Tiger (erase and install option) and guess what?

It is STILL dead slow.

I performed all updates (took forever) and it is still dead slow on internet even when I type apple.com address (Apple (http://17.149.160.49)) into the browser address.
I believe the updates have moved me to Safari 3.04 and it is still slow.

Please Please help!!
I have run out of options that I know of and I have resorted to using my PC (Yuck) to acess this forum.

Thanks in advance
Arnesto

arnesto
Mar 8th, 2008, 01:09 PM
Sorry I double posted this thread - please use other thread of same name.
Could a modeator please remove this one to avoid confusion?

My appologies

Arne