: Image Print v6.1 "Colorbyte Software"

Pete
Mar 7th, 2008, 12:54 PM
hey jusy wondering if any one has heard of this? i have a full copy of 6.1 for epson printers (4800, 7800 and 9800) and i have no use for it. just wondering if there is a demand for it? from what i've read it is great rip software. pricey too. works with 10.4 and under.

if any one knows of this software drop me a line

prsphoto
Mar 7th, 2008, 01:52 PM
I have ImagePrint 6 for my Epson 2200.

the software requires a physical USB dongle key, so unless you have one, the software is useless (as it watermarks your prints if it cannot detect the dongle). the dongles are also printer model specific.

version 6 is NOT Leopard (10.5) compatible and as such the company is forcing customers to upgrade to version 7 if they have 10.5. I've kept my print server on 10.4 because of this, as version 7 only has minor improvements to the GUI.

In my opinion ImagePrint is THE BEST RIP software for epson printers--LEAGUES beyond the standard epson drivers with custom ICC profiles. This program is known and somewhat popular among pro photographers.

ImagePrint is also best known to being able to print completely neutral black and white prints, without having to resort to dedicated piezographic carbon black printing processes IE: you can use standard epson inksets)

hope this helps.

Pete
Mar 7th, 2008, 03:40 PM
yeah from what i read you are right.. doesnt work with 10.5 but does seem great with epsons.... i have the dongle and all serials. it as thrown in the box when i purchased a used 30" display. i dont have the epsons it's designed to work with so it's practically a glorified coaster for me. hoping someone on here may know someone looking into this software so it can go to a good home

marcophoto
Dec 26th, 2008, 01:34 PM
hey jusy wondering if any one has heard of this? i have a full copy of 6.1 for epson printers (4800, 7800 and 9800) and i have no use for it. just wondering if there is a demand for it? from what i've read it is great rip software. pricey too. works with 10.4 and under.

if any one knows of this software drop me a line

Do you still have the v6.1 available? I have a Fuji printer that it will work with and am interested in finding a copy with the dongle. Thanks, Marc

marcophoto
Dec 26th, 2008, 01:35 PM
Do you still have the v6.1 available? I have a Fuji printer that it will work with and am interested in finding a copy with the dongle. Thanks, Marc

Livingroom
Apr 12th, 2009, 08:36 PM
In December you had some interest in this software. Did it go then?? If not please let me know!
Thanks for your time
Steve Livingston
705 295 4819

marcophoto
Apr 12th, 2009, 09:00 PM
I'm interested in the v6.1, I have a Fuji Pictrography that it supposedly will work with. Thanks, Marc

marcophoto
Apr 12th, 2009, 09:01 PM
I have a Fuji Pictrography that it will supposedly work with. I'd be interested in purchasing it from you. Thanks, Marc