: Apple Jobs in Ottawa

Dr_AL
Mar 5th, 2008, 09:08 PM
So for fun, I was just looking at job openings with Apple in Canada (mainly for the Apple Stores). So I would assume that it is more of a mass typo, but for all the job postings for Sherway Gardens (in Toronto), they have a postal code of K1R 1A4 (which is downtown Ottawa, Kent & Albert). I still highly doubt that Apple would ever bring an Apple store to Ottawa, but why would they put that postal code for all the job postings (and all, Store manager, assistance manager, cash, genius, etc)?

Anyways I know there are a ton of threads regarding the thought of an unconfirmed Ottawa Apple Store, so please don't reply about that, since we all think it is never going to happen. But please feel free to reply with your conspiracy theories on why they would have an Ottawa postal code for the Sherway Gardens location.

iMouse
Mar 5th, 2008, 09:21 PM
They are idiots???

There is no shortage of these sightings.

a7mc
Mar 5th, 2008, 10:11 PM
The most logical conclusion is they are outsourcing their hiring to an agency. Very common practice for large companies who don't want to deal with 10000 crappy resumes to find the 10 good ones.

A7

hayesk
Mar 5th, 2008, 11:46 PM
Apple Canada has on office at Kent and Albert - the job opening was likely for a sales rep, but not for a retail store. Probably for government or education sales.

monokitty
Mar 6th, 2008, 03:58 AM
The most logical conclusion is they are outsourcing their hiring to an agency. Very common practice for large companies who don't want to deal with 10000 crappy resumes to find the 10 good ones.

A7

Apple Canada does indeed outsource their hiring, and I've had the experience of dealing with said outsourced company.

adam.sn
Mar 6th, 2008, 09:36 AM
Where did you find this posting!? I currently work retail (telus) right now and can't stand it but i've been doing sales for a VERY long time. Friends always poke fun saying I secretly work for apple anyway... might as well validate them!

-Adam

johnb1
Mar 6th, 2008, 09:58 AM
not likely to happen. Apple is known for being a forward-thinking company, and Ottawa is known as the town where the Government is, who are not particularly known for being forward-thinking (just a little joke)

I've been kinda doing the same thing, but in Edmonton. The running joke in our family is that I should be doing that kinda thing, maybe, because everyone runs to me when their mac starts acting up (it's a long long way to Westworld)
still, It'll be interesting to see what happens when the official Apple Store hits west edm. mall, so all together, that'd be---three, no, four, maybe 5 places that sell Apple's products (I'm reluctantly throwing in London Drugs, F**ure Shop and B**T buy
but only reluctantly)

J B

adam.sn
Mar 6th, 2008, 11:20 AM
Hahah maybe I should be moving to edmonton... Ottawa is kinda boring lately. They have apple stores in New Zealand and Oz right? At least i can learn to surf there!

-Adam