: ETA for iPhone?

since84
Mar 3rd, 2008, 06:35 PM
Has anyone heard any whispers about when the iPhone will get to Canada?

Mississauga
Mar 3rd, 2008, 06:37 PM
Haven't you heard? It's already here! ;)

since84
Mar 3rd, 2008, 06:53 PM
Is there an underground cell (pun intended) that's bringing them in and will they work here without the use of strings and dixie cups?

chas_m
Mar 3rd, 2008, 06:59 PM
Hi since84 (nice handle!).

We have a whole forum here at EhMac that's devoted to little else BUT the iPhone. Your question will get answered as best it CAN get answered there.

Having recently joined the crowd of unlockers, I'm happy to tell you that an iPhone can easily and safely be made to work with Fido or Rogers here in Canada *NOW,* but I also have to admit that the really savvy buyer will wait patiently for a few more months yet (summer, we presently think) for the first true 3G iPhone. At *that* point, the current speculation goes, Rogers (and a bunch of other countries) will hop on board (and, frustratingly, look like geniuses for having waited!).

All just speculation at this point, but that's the CW at the moment.

Jeepdude
Mar 4th, 2008, 08:08 AM
Tuesday.

Adrian.
Mar 4th, 2008, 11:18 AM
It will probably come out this summer after the airwave auction block this Spring. I wouldn't want a 3gb iPhone...sort a useless for me. I need the 16gb. So Ima go to the states and unlock it.

cheers

G-Mo
Mar 4th, 2008, 12:09 PM
It will probably come out this summer after the airwave auction block this Spring. I wouldn't want a 3gb iPhone...sort a useless for me. I need the 16gb. So Ima go to the states and unlock it.

cheers

3G (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3G) (not 3gb)

psxp
Mar 4th, 2008, 12:40 PM
My bet is New Zealand and Australia to get the iPhone sooner than Canada... ;)

I was just checking out the Vodafone data rates in NZ as I will be there next week and its like $CA23 INCLUDING taxes for 200 meg of data!! :eek:

For Computers - Mobile Data - Vodafone NZ (http://www.vodafone.co.nz/mobile-data/3g-broadband-plans.jsp)

Ironically, mobile dataplans are way cheaper there than Home DSL/Cable broadband compared to here..

Adrian.
Mar 4th, 2008, 02:07 PM
New Zealand has better rates than we do!!!!!

They don't need blackberries and iPhone to heard damn sheep.

Canadians are just way more willing to take it up the ass and not complain about it.

Phat Bastard
Mar 4th, 2008, 06:38 PM
I have a friend who has a cousin who's doctor's barber's dog's master knows someone who works for Rogers and they say that the iPhone is coming out on March 5.

In the meantime, the Apple Store in Buffalo is a 2 hour drive away, the Canadian dollar is higher than par with the US dollar, and a baby can now unlock the iPhone with some of the utilities out there. Put those facts together and you can get an iPhone tonight.