: Hard Drive Upgrade

Chrispy
Feb 29th, 2008, 12:06 PM
Hi All-
I'm looking to upgrade my 160GB 5400RPM to a 200GB 7200RPM hard drive.

Does anyone know of any stores in the GTA (I'm in Etobicoke @ Bloor/Islington) that can perform this service upgrade?

Thanks in advance!

wytwolf
Feb 29th, 2008, 04:00 PM
Hi All-
I'm looking to upgrade my 160GB 5400RPM to a 200GB 7200RPM hard drive.

Does anyone know of any stores in the GTA (I'm in Etobicoke @ Bloor/Islington) that can perform this service upgrade?

Thanks in advance!

Save yourself some money and just do the upgrade yourself. There are step by step instructions in the manual. And dozens of videos and/or pictures on the net that show you just what to do. It is literally takes about 5-10 minutes max to swap the hard drive. The most time consuming is the migrating your data from the old drive to the new drive. Which is also easy with an external harddrive.

reh
Feb 29th, 2008, 04:35 PM
What kind of Mac?

wytwolf
Feb 29th, 2008, 06:46 PM
Oops in my first post I though the op said it was a MacBook. It most have been the thread above his/hers that mentioned MacBook.

Chrispy
Feb 29th, 2008, 10:05 PM
Oops in my first post I though the op said it was a MacBook. It most have been the thread above his/hers that mentioned MacBook.

I suppose telling what type of machine I have would've been helpful lol...

The swap will take place in a Macbook Pro...
If it were a Macbook, i'm aware it's quite easy to do, but I don't want to affect warranty on this Macbook Pro, so i'm going to have an Authorized service store complete it.

Thanks in advance

hayesk
Feb 29th, 2008, 10:28 PM
Go to Apple Canada's site - you can enter your postal code and they'll give you a list of authorized service centres. I agree, if you have a MacBook Pro, get them to do it. If you had a MacBook, I'd say do it yourself.

wytwolf
Mar 1st, 2008, 11:08 AM
Yeah a macbook pro involves opening the case itself, thus voiding your warrenty if not down by an apple authorized dealer. Worth paying for if something happens to your laptop later down the road.

HowEver
Mar 1st, 2008, 11:40 AM

Pizzaman1212
Mar 1st, 2008, 12:10 PM
There is a place on Queen street that sells and upgrades Macs, its called Carbon Computing. Its a pretty good place and has real professional staff working there. carbon computing (http://www.carbonation.com)