: Monitor Recommendations?

lindmar
Feb 28th, 2008, 03:51 PM
I think since I havent found a buyer for my g4 I may just keep it. I'd love to get a Cinema Display but the price is a little high. Does anyone have any suggestions on a nice display?

Something that both looks good and performs well. I'm so out of the loop on all these panel types..

Darien Red Sox
Feb 28th, 2008, 04:17 PM
How often do you want it to last? If you are looking for a long lasting display don't buy the Dell displays they will start to show lines after about 2 years. The Apple displays are the best out thear, but View Sonic is good too and you might be able to save some money. Hoever I should point out that flat screens are not good if you have kids in the house, all it takes is one puntch during a temper and your display is tost.

bgw
Feb 28th, 2008, 04:28 PM
What are you planning to do with the display? Photography? Making movies? Watching Movies? YouTube? Do you sit in front of it all day? Or, is it just for entertainment? Are there other features you'd like on the display: speakers, USB ports etc?

Apple's displays are all of high calibre.

Check out the reviews in PC Magazine and MacWorld for a start. Consumer Reports may have something too.

Narrow it down to two or three and let the resident experts here debate. Always fun!:D

Zer0tails
Feb 28th, 2008, 04:56 PM
If you're looking for something cheap but nice. Get a Samsung 226bw or 226cw if you're doing photography

I have the 226 bw and whilst I would really love an ACD..saving 700 bucks wasn't too bad as well.