: Purchase a MacBook or wait?

Decivox
Feb 28th, 2008, 01:51 PM
Hey,

Well im not to familiar with the Mac sceen as I dont have one yet haha. Im going to get one for school but im not sure what I should get. Im thinking this is a good time to get one as the upgrade just happened.

I have been accepted to college:) and have gone to the Apple Store online and am eligible for a educational discount. Im planning on getting the 2.4ghz white Macbook which is $1249 after discount.

Im just wondering if Apple usually has back to school sales before September that will lower the price further. I also would like to know if anymore signifacant upgrades are rumoured to happen before September 2008.

Thanks alot!:cool:

corey111
Feb 28th, 2008, 02:01 PM
Their back to school sale normally includes a free iPod nano.
If that free iPod isn't to important to you, BUY BUY BUY NOW!

chas_m
Feb 28th, 2008, 02:14 PM
"free" in this case meaning "you pay for it and many weeks later you will get the money for the nano back, along with the news that Apple has a new model out that's twice as powerful for half the price."

Sucker's deal IMHO, but it sure moves a lot of MacBooks (which, btw, are the best consumer portables Apple has *ever* put out IMHO).

LebanonDon
Feb 28th, 2008, 02:32 PM
If you don't need it now i'd wait. In months time you can get a refurbished new model macbook for like 1199 (maybe less because of the price drop). Also wait for reviews to see how big of a difference the new macs make over the previous, if it isn't much save yourself even more money and just get a 2.2 ghz model for 1049.

Thats just my opinion, its you're decision in the end.

Cheers,
Peter

Darien Red Sox
Feb 28th, 2008, 04:11 PM
"free" in this case meaning "you pay for it and many weeks later you will get the money for the nano back, along with the news that Apple has a new model out that's twice as powerful for half the price."

Sucker's deal IMHO, but it sure moves a lot of MacBooks (which, btw, are the best consumer portables Apple has *ever* put out IMHO).

In CT you don't need to weight for the money. You get it back when you buy it :lmao: so if you ever come to the US and are ever around NYC just jump over the border to Stamford and get it.

FlaminWiz
Feb 28th, 2008, 04:30 PM
So are there iMac sales this August? Cause I going to high-school and parents are buying me a Mac.

Adrian.
Feb 28th, 2008, 04:35 PM
No order it now. If you wait there is a huge rush of order and consequently they go on back order. I know my cousin didn't get his when he ordered it Aug. 9 and got it Oct 27th.

So....if you need it Sept 1st...order it now !

JumboJones
Feb 28th, 2008, 04:36 PM
Only time there are really sales is when a new model comes out and they discount the old models. BB & FS have the odd $50-100 off sale, and as mentioned before Apple has had the B2S promo with the iPod rebate. FYI I believe education discounts are limited to post-secondary students and not high school.

FlaminWiz
Feb 28th, 2008, 04:46 PM
I'd probably want it 1-2 weeks before so I could get it set up and get used to it and shi*.

Decivox
Feb 28th, 2008, 04:55 PM
Only time there are really sales is when a new model comes out and they discount the old models. BB & FS have the odd $50-100 off sale, and as mentioned before Apple has had the B2S promo with the iPod rebate. FYI I believe education discounts are limited to post-secondary students and not high school.

Yea the discounts are available only for post-secondary students. I am only in high school at the moment, but I have been accepted there already. Ive already recieved my student number in the mail and thats all thats required for the discount.

titans88
Feb 28th, 2008, 05:47 PM
Yea the discounts are available only for post-secondary students. I am only in high school at the moment, but I have been accepted there already. Ive already recieved my student number in the mail and thats all thats required for the discount.

As long as you have your student number you are set.

I'd recommend waiting until about late July, or early August. You could find the same model, but refurbished, for a lower price (but keep in mind the student discount does not apply to refurbished models).

neufelni
Feb 28th, 2008, 06:16 PM
Just don't wait too long to order it. I waited till late August and didn't get mine in time for the start of school.