: Keyboard covers for macbook?

Adrian.
Feb 26th, 2008, 11:39 PM
I am getting some serious keyboard marks on my screen and I am really sick of it. What is the best protective keyboard cover that will prevent this and prevent the transfer of oils?

Also, any products that can take off some little scratches too. They are just little specs but they are rather annoying.

Any suggests would be great guys!

chas_m
Feb 27th, 2008, 07:40 AM
How strange. The cover of the MacBook is specifically designed to NOT touch the keyboard.

I have a little silicon keyboard skin from Exo, but as that ADDS to the height of the keys I don't use it when the lid is shut.

If you want, a little piece of cloth cut to the proper size should do the trick (after you clean the screen with an approved cleaner, obviously). I should think a microfibre or other lint-free patch should do nicely.

Adrian.
Feb 27th, 2008, 10:50 AM
I can see on the screen at the right angle the impression of the square keys. It is really badly scratching it. I am out of warranty now too!

jayman
Feb 27th, 2008, 08:44 PM
I have an iskin cover on mine. I wouldn't recommend it though, the corners curl up on it.

csonni
Feb 27th, 2008, 10:34 PM
I've been using an iSkin on my MacBook since new and it's worked fine. No marks on my screen at all. Types well, too.

Zer0tails
Feb 27th, 2008, 10:44 PM
I can see on the screen at the right angle the impression of the square keys. It is really badly scratching it. I am out of warranty now too!

What kind of cover are you using? Silicon shouldn't be scratching your screen:eek:

Adrian.
Feb 27th, 2008, 11:27 PM
no cover...

Zer0tails
Feb 27th, 2008, 11:30 PM
no cover...

Oh get an iskin then. They sell them at the apple store. They've worked pretty ok thus far.

As a side note, maybe you might want to get the macbook checked out because it's supposed to be flush and not scratch your screen.

Cheapest option is still get a cover and I'll suggest iskin, stay away from zcovers

Darien Red Sox
Feb 28th, 2008, 11:48 AM
iSkins rule, I have one on my G5 keybord and my sister has one on her iPod. Both work great and provide excleant protection!

Britnell
Feb 28th, 2008, 03:16 PM
I have an iSkin on my iBook and would not use the laptop without it. But I have noticed that the oil from my fingers is transfered to the screen, meaning that once every 6 weeks I have to clean the screen and the iSkin. The iSkin is easy to clean, some mild soap and lots of water, then let it dry completely before replacing.

Having cats, I have learned that I absolutely need a skin. I just had to pick up my third (and final) keyboard for the desktop machine. In the past, I thought it was silly to put a $40 cover over a $40 keyboard, but since Apple changes the keyboard designs I don't want to have to relearn the function keys every several years.

The new aluminum kb is a return to the "soft" non-clicking days. I have to admit that I really disliked the plastic hard clicking like a cheap windoze keyboards, so maybe it is a blessing that the cat damaged the kb. I have a zCover on the new desktop kb. My lord, I did not realize just how much cat hair gets deposited on a daily basis.

Zer0tails
Feb 28th, 2008, 03:38 PM
I have an iSkin on my iBook and would not use the laptop without it. But I have noticed that the oil from my fingers is transfered to the screen, meaning that once every 6 weeks I have to clean the screen and the iSkin. The iSkin is easy to clean, some mild soap and lots of water, then let it dry completely before replacing.

Having cats, I have learned that I absolutely need a skin. I just had to pick up my third (and final) keyboard for the desktop machine. In the past, I thought it was silly to put a $40 cover over a $40 keyboard, but since Apple changes the keyboard designs I don't want to have to relearn the function keys every several years.

The new aluminum kb is a return to the "soft" non-clicking days. I have to admit that I really disliked the plastic hard clicking like a cheap windoze keyboards, so maybe it is a blessing that the cat damaged the kb. I have a zCover on the new desktop kb. My lord, I did not realize just how much cat hair gets deposited on a daily basis.

How do you like the zCover skin? I find it really tough/hard unlike the iskin ones. Not as fun and pleasurable to type with. But I hear you on the cats!

Darien Red Sox
Feb 28th, 2008, 04:15 PM
These covers though ar ulsess and get dirty quickley if you have a little sister who throughes it across the room every time she uses the computer, not to mention she and my father are also often smougling food into the office too. If you get a cover keep it on at all times!!