: In need of a printer with fax capabilities

ella
Feb 25th, 2008, 02:50 PM
Hi everyone,

I'm looking for an all-in-one recommendation for a new printer. My main requirement is that I need to be able to fax from it. That will be its main purpose, as well as basic text printing. I have an older Canon that I use for my colour needs.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Fuji
Feb 25th, 2008, 08:54 PM
Hi Ella,

Welcome to ehMac.ca!

We have been through this discussion recently and I think you'll find your answer in this thread:
https://www.ehmac.ca/anything-mac/58890-all-one-printer-recommendation.html

I'd like to suggest that you try a search of the forum prior to posting your question... you might find your answer straight away.

Have a good one!

ella
Feb 25th, 2008, 09:34 PM
Thanks for the link Fuji. I did do a search, and had read that thread but didn't find it to be what I was in need of. :)

EvanPitts
Feb 26th, 2008, 11:59 AM
I am not a fan of all-in-ones. They usually will not work with common drivers, or are Windoze only beasts, and quite often, they are kind of shoddy and will not last very long. That being said, dedicated Fax machines are not very expensive these days, and the Brother Fax machine we have at work can also print via USB. What makes it nice is that it is a laser printing engine, so you get good output when compared with the cheap, nasty ink jet stuff that floats around these days.

Of course, if you are mostly sending Faxes, then any of the Macs with a modem (or a newer Mac with USB Modem) will serve you just as well. However, if it is for business, I would really lean towards a real Fax machine, since such communication is very important.