: FYI - Billings on sale today

(( p g ))
Feb 25th, 2008, 12:01 PM
Thought I'd share this with fellow ehMac-ers since the issue of time-tracking and invoicing software comes up periodically in threads.

Macupdate has a promotion today on Billings, which is what I've been using for invoicing for the past few years. It's a steal at $39 plus change.

MacUpdate Promo - Big discounts on Mac software every day. (http://www.mupromo.com/deal/445/3119/billings)

johnnyspade
Feb 25th, 2008, 01:03 PM
Yeah, I noticed this. I switched to Billings January 01 and I really like it. It took a bit of getting used to but it's actually more powerful than I thought it would be. It offers a fairly intuitive way of creating your own reports and invoice templates that I really like. I had been using Blinksale (http://blinksale.com) for a couple of years but I was looking for something local as opposed to web-based..

lindmar
Feb 25th, 2008, 01:10 PM
Yeah, I noticed this. I switched to Billings January 01 and I really like it. It took a bit of getting used to but it's actually more powerful than I thought it would be. It offers a fairly intuitive way of creating your own reports and invoice templates that I really like. I had been using Blinksale (http://blinksale.com) for a couple of years but I was looking for something local as opposed to web-based..

Wow.
Nice find. I'm picking this up. I have been using this and its pretty awesome software.

A little funky to get used to I found but once you have it, it works great.

lindmar
Feb 25th, 2008, 01:26 PM
Thanks again for this..

Just ordered. Great price.

(( p g ))
Feb 25th, 2008, 01:38 PM
...I really like it. It took a bit of getting used

Quite right, it has a few quirks in how it wants you to manage your workflow, but I found that it didn't take me long to find ways to get the software to work the way I wanted it to. Worth having a look at the Billings discussion forum on the Marketcircle website. Lots of good tips to be found there.

Sam Arseneau
Feb 25th, 2008, 03:58 PM
Billings rocks!!!

keebler27
Feb 25th, 2008, 04:12 PM
hi folks,

thanks for the heads up.

quick question: i saw some screenshots, but none for reports (mind you, i checked quickly). how comprehensive is the reporting?
ie. i have 5 years worth of invoices, all itemized so i can tell you exactly how many additional dvd copies I've sold or how many slideshows I've done and how much revenue the business decals on my van have generated.....is this too much for billings?

Don't get me wrong, it looks like a great app at a great price for what it does, but wondering about the reporting.

i might dload the trial, but i thought I would ask before i dload yet another app to try :)

Cheers,
Keebler

PS. i'm currently using quickbooks on a pc and i have to admit, it does the trick.

johnnyspade
Feb 25th, 2008, 04:29 PM
The reporting is very good. The documentation on how to create custom reports is not. You may need to muck around a little

There may not be the reports you need out of the box but what's nice about the system is that you can create templates to build your own reports. You definitely need to try the 30 day demo and see if you can build the reports you need.