: iPhone on Home Network

nutsngum
Jan 7th, 2008, 12:45 AM
I just moved back to school and for some reason my iPhone won't work on my set up wireless router here.

When I was here a couple months ago it was fine, same network name, password etc and it flew. The only change I made was that I updated to 1.1.1 and now it won't even connect to my wifi.

Any ideas? Are there any changes I can make in my router settings to help this? I have a linksys if it matters at all.

Sean.Perrin
Jan 7th, 2008, 01:01 AM
That's a pretty big "only change".... but it should still work on WiFi. Might have to restore and jailbreak it again?

TheDirtyOne
Jan 7th, 2008, 12:39 PM
Is it just your home network? Can it connect to others? Remove the security of your home network momentarily and see if it's an authentication issue. I'd work out the connection issues (if any) prior to re-jailbreaking the iPhone.

Corvillus
Jan 7th, 2008, 04:05 PM
I'm assuming your iPhone was unlocked (and not virginized) before you updated? If that's the case, you probably bricked the phone. If that's the case, you'll have virginize the baseband and restore 1.1.1.

To check to see if this is indeed the problem, check your IMEI by going to Settings - General - About. If it doesn't match the number on the back if the phone, and especially if the number starts with 0049, you're holding a brick. :(