: Universal Dock

juren
Dec 23rd, 2007, 10:45 PM
Does anyone know if those third party universal docks are any good, what the difference between a $50 apple dock vs a $20 third party dock?
Ideal use displaying video and pictures on a TV or projector

JU

krug1313
Dec 24th, 2007, 10:37 AM
I have never used a third party one but I just got the Apple dock to use with my ipod touch and love it. I also like that it came with an apple remote which you might like if you are displaying slide shows etc on the TV.

Andrew Pratt
Dec 24th, 2007, 11:44 AM
I have a cheap 3rd party dock that works fine for syncing and charging but the audio out no longer works. I'm sure a Belkin type dock would work fine and likely last longer but I'll likely look around for an Apple one on sale or used soon.

mguertin
Dec 25th, 2007, 01:59 PM
I was extremely disappointed with the Apple Universal dock. I purchased it in order to display video from my iPod touch to a TV. Found out after the fact that it didn't work like that with my iPod, I had to actually use another cable (worth as much as the dock) to do this.

The remote does nothing more than play/pause and volume control on my iPod touch. No "menu", no next/previous, all in all after spending over $100 on the dock and additional video cable, and 2 trips to the store to get what I actually needed to make the video play on the TV it was a huge disappointment here.