: Looking for headphones for iphone in Ottawa

MBPlover
Dec 18th, 2007, 03:30 PM
So I can't stand the headphones that came with the iphone because they keep falling out of my ear with the slightest movement. I'm looking for some in-ear headphones that I can buy anywhere in Ottawa that will actually fit into the recessed headphone jack. It doesn't have to have a built in mic, just something decent that won't fall out of my ears. Any suggestions?

a7mc
Dec 18th, 2007, 03:43 PM
I believe you're looking for the V-Moda Vibe Duo. They have a few different models, with and without the call button and/or mic. I haven't seen the one with call button or mic around Canada, but I have seen the regular Vibe Duo in Toronto, so I'm sure you can find it in Ottawa. I think I saw them at The Source.

A7

G-Mo
Dec 18th, 2007, 03:43 PM
So I can't stand the headphones that came with the iphone because they keep falling out of my ear with the slightest movement. I'm looking for some in-ear headphones that I can buy anywhere in Ottawa that will actually fit into the recessed headphone jack. It doesn't have to have a built in mic, just something decent that won't fall out of my ears. Any suggestions?

One of the problems with headphones for the iPhone is the recessed headphone jack... You may want to consider ordering a Headphone Adapter and then using any headphones of your choice!!

iPhone Headphone Adapters >> iPhone Headphones >> Everything Store (http://store.everythingicafe.com/content/accessories/73-75.htm)

milhaus
Dec 18th, 2007, 07:47 PM
I believe you're looking for the V-Moda Vibe Duo. They have a few different models, with and without the call button and/or mic. I haven't seen the one with call button or mic around Canada, but I have seen the regular Vibe Duo in Toronto, so I'm sure you can find it in Ottawa. I think I saw them at The Source.

A7
The VModa Vibe Duo has the call button and mic. Early models did not have the pause, FF capability of the apple headphones. Current ones do. I don't believe these are available in Canada.

The ones without the button are called the VModa Vibes, and the Apple store carries them.

a7mc
Dec 18th, 2007, 08:08 PM
The VModa Vibe Duo has the call button and mic. Early models did not have the pause, FF capability of the apple headphones. Current ones do. I don't believe these are available in Canada.

The ones without the button are called the VModa Vibes, and the Apple store carries them.

Not to be anal or anything, but my original post was correct.

iPhone Central: Review: V-Moda Vibe Duo (http://iphone.macworld.com/2007/07/review_vmoda_vibe_duo.php)

There is a version of the Vibe Duo WITHOUT the call/pause button. Yes, it is still called the Vibe Duo. The Vibe (non-duo) does not fit the iPhone. The Vibe Duo WITH call button is usually called the Vibe Duo Nero.

And yes, I DID see the Vibe Duo at The Source.

A7

hhk
Dec 18th, 2007, 10:06 PM
Don't know what the iPhone recessed headjack looks like but I just picked up a Panasonic in-ear phone for $19.99 at Staples. Reduced $20. Works great for my iPod and fits nicely in my ear. I use it for workouts and they stay in my ear a lot better than the standard iPod phones.

Here's the thread on redflagdeals:

Elect - SBD: PANASONIC RP-HJE300 High Performance Headphones $20; PM FS $18 (*12/01 - 12/14*) - RedFlagDeals.com Forums (http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/showthread.php?t=522139)

cdncableguy
Dec 19th, 2007, 12:42 AM
i just used my dremel and removed the soft plastic at the plug end of my ear phones. works great and you can use any straight plug earphones.

milhaus
Dec 19th, 2007, 01:13 AM
Not to be anal or anything, but my original post was correct.

iPhone Central: Review: V-Moda Vibe Duo (http://iphone.macworld.com/2007/07/review_vmoda_vibe_duo.php)

There is a version of the Vibe Duo WITHOUT the call/pause button. Yes, it is still called the Vibe Duo. The Vibe (non-duo) does not fit the iPhone. The Vibe Duo WITH call button is usually called the Vibe Duo Nero.

And yes, I DID see the Vibe Duo at The Source.

A7
My apologies. I was wrong. I can't believe they would release a product without a button but with a microphone. I can't find the duos at The Source's website, only the vibes, but that doesn't mean that they're not there.

However, they aren't called the Nero - the nero just refers to the color, and the new duos now come in chrome and gunmetal-rouge.

Unfortunately, I have heard of a great deal of issues with the headphones, with quality especially, so I don't think I'll be picking one of these up. I'll wait for a solution from Shure or Ety (an official one).