Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

BBC policy wonks make a***s of themselves ...

668 views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Snapple Quaffer 
#1 ·
BBC NEWS | Entertainment | Radio 1 censors Pogues' Fairytale

In full view of the whole world. And they're not changing their minds ... so there!!

The United Kingdom is evolving into the Untied Kingdom, as in 'unravelled', as in screws loose and bats in the belfry. :lmao:

At least it'll do the Pogues some good. Bound to boost their sales.

#2 ·
BBC Radio 1 has said it will stand by its ban on the word "******".
I can't imagine why somebody would consider the word '******' offensive. Sure, it's a derogatory term used against homosexuals, but really, is it all that offensive? Who cares about the homos, right? It's not like they have feelings. It's not like they've ever been persecuted.

Next thing you know, the BBC will be censoring words like ******, ****, and *****. Jeez, what happened to free speech? :rolleyes:

#5 ·
BBCNewsStory said:
A spokeswoman for Southampton City Council said: "Mrs Russell could not have carried out her usual crossing duties because she was not wearing her reflective clothing.
I wonder if the idea of the reflective clothing is to have the motorists clearly see the crossing guard and drive toward the worker sparing the children attempting to cross the roadway? :D

When my girls were in Air Cadets, the Florescent Orange reflective vest worn by “Markers” to aid with cadets crossing highways and byways were called ‘the hit me first vests” by the cadets. :clap:

#8 ·
Fink-Nottle has a link to the most amazing thing. :cool:

Well, you knock me dahn wiv a fevvah!

A change of tack. That is a result ... a victory for commonsense.

The odd thing is that it was only Radio 1 that had taken this daft decision. Radio 2, for instance, had decided not to follow the uber-PC line. Someone in the Radio 1 hierarchy needs some 'help'.

Btw, in England, '******' is also a tasty meaty concoction, possibly a kind of English equivalent of haggis. I remember having it as a nipper and quite liking it. (In Philadelphia they have scrapple ... )

Now I must go and lie down.

Edit: I had despaired at that Lollipop-lady story, Moscool. It was the Kaiser who described British troops in the First World War as "Lions led by donkeys." We haven't come very far have we?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.