: Photoshop CS3 install problem ( leopard )

innermind
Dec 14th, 2007, 04:15 AM
Hey guys , I've just went through hell trying to install photoshop onto my system running leopard .

I installed all of creative suite and it all seemed to work except photoshop, I simply get an error that says " component failed " and was wondering if anyone knows how to fix this..
I had JUST done a fresh install of leopard tonight, clean install with a formatted drive and the first thing I did was install creative suite , so it's not a conflict with any other software , and yes the Adobe install was a legit purchased one .. so it's not some crack or ripped software causing the problem.

I'm just looking for some solution as I do web dev full time and so far the only work around I have come up with is installing the trial which is pissing me off like you can't imagine considering I paid an arm and a leg for this software and only the trial will install without problem.. other major problem is I now have exactly 30 days to figure this out :( and if I don't I'll be in big problem as I live in photoshop 20 hours a day :(

any advice is appreciated ..

LiquidFiend
Dec 14th, 2007, 12:10 PM
Having spent, I imagine the better part of $1000 for the software, I would contact adobe directly.

Sorry I can't be of more help, I have no experience with Photoshop, as I have no artistic talent whatsoever.

ScanMan
Dec 14th, 2007, 12:31 PM
If you've had a trial of CS3 on your machine you MUST run maccs3clean to remove all remnants of the previous install.

Canadaguy1959
Dec 14th, 2007, 01:09 PM
Try repairing permissions on HD with Disk Utility :)