: Terminal Font with Leopard

ifade
Dec 12th, 2007, 04:07 PM
Hi,

I am quite happy using the terminal with Leopard, it supports multiple tabs. The only problem is I am not like the default font with the terminal, and I am little missed the konsole font by KDE, is there any way to make my terminal konsolized? And how to install additional fonts?

Thanks,

hayesk
Dec 12th, 2007, 04:24 PM
I am quite happy using the terminal with Leopard, it supports multiple tabs. The only problem is I am not like the default font with the terminal, and I am little missed the konsole font by KDE, is there any way to make my terminal konsolized? And how to install additional fonts?

Have you looked in the Terminal preferences - there's all sorts of settings to change the fonts, colours, etc.

To install a font, download it and put it in /Library/Fonts

ifade
Dec 13th, 2007, 12:29 PM
Thanks Hayesk, I did try to use the terminal preferences, and I find the download and install fonts is not so hard compared to what I thought, actually I did a download a slackware built dejavu sans mono font, after extract the package, I just double click on the ttf file within the Finder, and it brings up the font text demo, on the dialog there is a button "install the font", I just click on it, and it installed, then I can use terminal preferences to find and select my installed font, it is super simple.:)

There is one problem, the left side of terminal preferences defines some themes, Usually I use the default, it is with the white as background, I tried others with black as background, but I find all the black background are transient views, that means if I have a window with text under the terminal, the window's text will be shown on the terminal's black background, I dislike it, don't know how to disable the transient setting. Any ideas?

Regards,

mguertin
Dec 13th, 2007, 12:42 PM
It's also somewhere in the preferences (Window Settings?) .. sounds like the opacity needs adjustment.