: Harmony 720 with Macbook

nutsngum
Dec 11th, 2007, 09:17 PM
I just purchased a Harmony 720 and was wondering if anyone had any cool uses for the Harmony on your Macbook? I'm having trouble even setting it up in the first place!

If there's any other Harmony experts here I also have a couple other questions

- How do I make it so that when I turn to a different activity it doesn't turn off the unused devices (i.e. puts laptop on sleep when I listen to music then switch to TV).
- Can I get my TV to start on a specific channel when it starts up?

ender78
Dec 11th, 2007, 09:58 PM
I just purchased a Harmony 720 and was wondering if anyone had any cool uses for the Harmony on your Macbook? I'm having trouble even setting it up in the first place!

If there's any other Harmony experts here I also have a couple other questions

1) How do I make it so that when I turn to a different activity it doesn't turn off the unused devices (i.e. puts laptop on sleep when I listen to music then switch to TV).

2) Can I get my TV to start on a specific channel when it starts up?

1) This is an option in the setup. I cannot remember where but may be a more general option

2) Never tried this before but this may be difficult as the Harmony does not track which channel you are on, especially if you are using an exernal tuner like a cable box or satellite dish.

askywalker
Dec 11th, 2007, 09:59 PM
I just picked up one of these on the Dell $99 special a few days ago. Arrived this morning - haven't had a chance to look at it. I hope it doesn't cause me trouble with the Mac - I keep forgetting that I switched to Mac and should check compatibility before buying new toys...

nutsngum
Dec 11th, 2007, 10:08 PM
I got the same one, works fine!