: Anyone see Guitar Hero 3 For Mac in stores yet?

Jarooda
Dec 11th, 2007, 12:03 AM
Aspyr was supposed to be making a Mac version of this game, but released the PC version first.

They were then supposed to release a mac/pc hybrid of it and it was supposed to come out today (the 10th).

Anybody see it in stores yet?

My musically gifted sister would LOVE this game, and my parents bought her a Mac last summer.

Thanks guys.

silentsim
Dec 11th, 2007, 12:20 AM
Apple.ca has it...
The Apple Store (Canada) - Guitar Hero 3: Legends of Rock by Aspyr (http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/canadastore.woa/wa/RSLID?find=Guitar%20Hero)

99.95 free shipping!!

I find buying mac games locally hard to find, so I usually use Apple.ca

Its a great game

-enjoy

Sim

jonmon
Dec 11th, 2007, 12:35 AM
i have this game for ps2 and it indeed rocks

rondini
Dec 11th, 2007, 01:14 AM
Kind of partial to a real guitar and GarageBand myself!

------
Ask me about my Gretsch! or my Strat!

AppleAuthority
Dec 11th, 2007, 02:20 AM
Haha I can't really get into Guitar Hero, being a real guitar player. I don't know why, I'm just not very good at the video game. I do however feel quite comfortable on a real guitar :)

cap10subtext
Dec 11th, 2007, 12:47 PM
My friends have this game and I find that when I play it too long I start realizing the amount of time I spend passing a level could be spent LEARNING THE GUITAR!!!

Then I just feel like I'm wasting my life...... and I keep playing to distract from my misery. I hate how much I love this game.

And I can't wait for Rock Band...

JohnnyFive
Dec 11th, 2007, 05:02 PM
has anyone actually seen it in stores? can't wait for the 3-5 business days of shipping. i want one now. today.

Kosh
Dec 11th, 2007, 05:42 PM
First, your a day off. Aspyr just announced today that it's on store shelves. Second, not all stores get inventory in right away (likely Canadian stores won't get it right away, they'll probably have it in a week). Third, you'll likely won't find it sitting on store shelves long at Christmas time.

So in my opinion, you'd be better off ordering online.

Hurry, come on, what are you waiting for... :D

Howard2k
Dec 11th, 2007, 07:47 PM
I have Guitar Hero II.

In a "PS3 release strategy repeat" it's RIDICULOUSLY hard to get hold of GHIII for XBox360. Did they not release that around xmas time people tend to buy gifts?

Crazy.

Rock Lobster
Dec 12th, 2007, 09:03 AM
Haha I can't really get into Guitar Hero, being a real guitar player. I don't know why, I'm just not very good at the video game. I do however feel quite comfortable on a real guitar :)

I totally hear you there. I tried Guitar Hero at BestBuy after hearing my daughter raving about it, and found it completely lame! Demeaning a guitar into a fancy joystick... so sad.
You'll find it much more satisfying to go buy an inexpensive guitar and spend the time you'd be playing video games learning a few chords. The chicks dig it more, too!

Jampy
Dec 12th, 2007, 10:24 AM
Kind of partial to a real guitar and GarageBand myself!

------
Ask me about my Gretsch! or my Strat!

I 100% agree, I think the game is cool, but really have no interest in playing it as I have the real thing and a 93' Fender Strat Plus just feels right over a plastic thing with buttons.

hhk
Dec 12th, 2007, 10:30 AM
Let me ask - is there a software package that works with a guitar plugged into a Mac that would teach me how to play?

JohnnyFive
Dec 12th, 2007, 04:41 PM
i play both. my friends who are in bands enjoy playing guitar hero as well. let's stop this "a real guitar is better" nonsense. many of us happen to enjoy both. it's a video game. it's not meant to teach you how to play.

Kosh
Dec 12th, 2007, 07:17 PM
let's stop this "a real guitar is better" nonsense. many of us happen to enjoy both. it's a video game. it's not meant to teach you how to play.

I was going to say the same thing. Guitar Hero is made to be fun, not teach you to play a guitar. Some of us don't want to go through all the work to play a real guitar. We just want to have some quick fun.

hayesk
Dec 12th, 2007, 07:50 PM
I 100% agree, I think the game is cool, but really have no interest in playing it as I have the real thing and a 93' Fender Strat Plus just feels right over a plastic thing with buttons.

Oh, of course! I mean, those Gran Turismo and Need for Speed games are so lame. I mean, I own a car and can drive it, so why would I ever want to play a driving game! So Lame!

Please people. A little perspective here. It's a game - it's not meant to teach you to play guitar.

Did you also criticize Dance Dance Revolution because it wasn't actually real dancing?

eMacMan
Dec 12th, 2007, 08:13 PM
You'll find it much more satisfying to go buy an inexpensive guitar and spend the time you'd be playing video games learning a few chords. The chicks dig it more, too!

Based on the absurd assumption that one has something resembling a sense of rhythm and also that one can carry a tune without damaging it beyond recognition. Otherwise it scares the ^#!& out of them.