: Weather widget problems!!!

insertclevername
Dec 10th, 2007, 06:15 PM
Hey..
Just installed leopard and got everything pretty much back to the way I like it...except my weather widget I have always used with tiger doesn't seem to wanna work with leopard. Can anyone try it out and tell me if it works for them....

The Weather Network - Weather Centre - WeatherEye Widget for Mac OSX Dashboard (http://www.theweathernetwork.com/weather_centre/macweathereye)

It install and everything but when I try to enter my city it doesn't find any locations and thus doesn't get any weather information.

I tried using the apple supplied one but when using Celsius instead of Fahrenheit it doesn't tell you whether its - or +....so if its -1 one day and +1 the next both just show up 1 c....

does anyone have any other good simple weather widgets? no maps or anything just current conditions + forecast for a week....

thanks!

rgray
Dec 10th, 2007, 06:35 PM
I get good results with the Apple supplied one:

Just to prove that the minus shows.

The Weather Network one doesn't work for me either.

cchaynes
Dec 10th, 2007, 06:52 PM
i have the same issues....

i prefer it to the apple one because i like the weather network data more...

i emailed the weather network and they are aware of the problem and are attempting to update it...

i looked through the code briefly to see if i could edit it myself, but no go for now....

when i first installed leo, i did as an upgrade and could swear it was working, but since i did a clean install , no go

i may try and plug the one from my backup in and see if it works with the city already in the code...

C

fyrefly
Dec 10th, 2007, 07:29 PM
We already discussed this a bunch here... Not sure if anyone's been able to contact the author, or discover a fix.

Apparently the WeatherEye widget works if you upgrade from Tiger to Leopard, but that causes other problems, if you archive and install, or erase and install, the widget doesn't work. :S

https://www.ehmac.ca/anything-mac/44803-new-weather-network-finally-has-mac-widget-3.html

insertclevername
Dec 10th, 2007, 09:04 PM
The apple one works now...turns out entering just ottawa makes it ottawa, il and ottawa, on isn't an option so ottawa, canada...is the right one..

damn...feel stupid now

(( p g ))
Dec 10th, 2007, 09:34 PM
The apple one works now...turns out entering just ottawa makes it ottawa, il and ottawa, on isn't an option so ottawa, canada...is the right one..

damn...feel stupid now

I find I get the best data by entering "Ottawa Macdonald Cartier International, Canada(Ontario)" as the city. That way you get the airport's weather data.

JRMurray
Dec 12th, 2007, 12:11 AM
Same problem here. I'm using the Weather Bug widget instead.

By the way, when I bought my Mac (my first!) in late August, I thought that Dashboard was relatively useless. Boy, was I wrong! I find it invaluable for hockey scores, quick conversions, iStat, and, of course, the weather.

Carl
Dec 12th, 2007, 12:16 AM
I found the developers email in the source code but it bounced. Weatherbug works OK, but doesn't give the same feeds for a local forecast. I also use RadarinMotion to see radar images.
We really need this, because most US widgets think there are only 3 cities in Canada!