: can't send sms message with rogers..why

gpchase
Dec 9th, 2007, 06:23 PM
I try to send an sms message and it runs to the near end of the status sending bar "sending" then gives me a message "error sending message". I have text set up on my account. is this a config setting issue ?

TIA

scandy
Dec 9th, 2007, 10:03 PM
Are you having this problem when you try to reply to someone? Before one of my friends switched phones I had a problem replying to them like you described. I'd have to delete all the messages to them, and then start a new message for it to work.

Try that...

gpchase
Dec 10th, 2007, 09:25 AM
Are you having this problem when you try to reply to someone? Before one of my friends switched phones I had a problem replying to them like you described. I'd have to delete all the messages to them, and then start a new message for it to work.

Try that...
Thanks but no..have not tried replying..just can't send...anything at all.Are there setting to be made first to get it to work ?

tks

Sony311
Dec 12th, 2007, 12:44 PM
Thanks but no..have not tried replying..just can't send...anything at all.Are there setting to be made first to get it to work ?

tks

It should work once you put in your SIM card...I would contact Rogers/Fido in regards to it. Don't tell them you are using an iPhone or they will not help you. You might just need a reset on your account settings...As well, do you have TXT messaging on your account?

CaptainCode
Dec 12th, 2007, 12:59 PM
Do you have the area code in the number? Rogers SMS won't work without an area code even if it's to a local number.

gpchase
Dec 12th, 2007, 04:12 PM
Thanks...

gpchase
Dec 12th, 2007, 04:15 PM
Yes I have texting...tried area code insertion too..still doesn't work.Will try the reset request.

Soni
Feb 3rd, 2008, 12:45 PM
Has anyone figured this one out? its well over a month later I have the same SMS sending issue I googled and found this thread and sure enough I have exact same problem, can anyone please help

HowEver
Feb 3rd, 2008, 01:47 PM
Use the GSM coded phone number to send, e.g., +1-416-555-1212. If you don't know how to type "+" check your phone's manual.

Alternatively, Rogers employs 1000s of people whose job involves answering questions like this. It's a free call from your cell, *611.