: Refurbished iMac 24", White or Alu???

Silver Back
Dec 9th, 2007, 01:09 PM
I am thinking of purchasing a refurbished iMac and I was wondering what the consensus is with respect to (white/non-glossy) and (alu/glossy). I am leaning towards the white as I find the glossy to be hard on the eyes. The difference in price is only $140 between the two. I realize that the alu is slightly faster and the hard-drive slightly larger. Are there any other considerations I have not thought about???

Thanks in advance.

CanadaRAM
Dec 9th, 2007, 01:36 PM
Personally I can't abide the glossy screen so it would be white all the way for me. Tho' I hate to give up the full 4 Gb RAM capability.

Atroz
Dec 9th, 2007, 03:01 PM
I am thinking of purchasing a refurbished iMac and I was wondering what the consensus is with respect to (white/non-glossy) and (alu/glossy). I am leaning towards the white as I find the glossy to be hard on the eyes. The difference in price is only $140 between the two. I realize that the alu is slightly faster and the hard-drive slightly larger. Are there any other considerations I have not thought about???

Thanks in advance.

Does the White have Firewire 800? My 20" one didn't. The Al do.

Which keyboard does the White come with? Still the big white one or the new thin Al one?

CanadaRAM
Dec 9th, 2007, 03:05 PM
Give me the White keyboard, too.. I don't like l'il flat keys that travel only an 1/8th of an inch or so.

fyrefly
Dec 9th, 2007, 03:19 PM
The White 24" iMac had a FW800 port as well as one FW400 port.

I'd say white 'cause of the screen quality... and supposedly the Graphics cards in the older white 24"ers are better as well? The GeForce 7300s?

keebler27
Dec 9th, 2007, 04:40 PM
The White 24" iMac had a FW800 port as well as one FW400 port.

I'd say white 'cause of the screen quality... and supposedly the Graphics cards in the older white 24"ers are better as well? The GeForce 7300s?

ditto for what fly said. i have one. it's great. click buy now. you won't regret it.
it can hold 3 GB ram which helps me run aperture without any issues.

PosterBoy
Dec 9th, 2007, 09:53 PM

The Radeon HD 2600 Pro in the new iMac is higher end than the 7300 GT (and roughly comparable to the 7600 BTO option) in the last white iMac, although neither one is in the same league as the current top end graphics chips available today.