: iphone rogers and shawmail help!

juicy69
Dec 3rd, 2007, 09:17 PM
I have had an iphone for 2 months running 1.0.2 on Rogers using Shawmail. I updated the customize feature and it bricked my phone. 2 days later im up and running on 1.1.1 but now i cant get my phone to connect to the shawmail server. What am i doing wrong? im using Shaw as my incoming mail server and rogers wirelessdata.net as my outgoing mail server. its all set up like before i think.

Any help?

Sony311
Dec 4th, 2007, 10:08 PM
I have had an iphone for 2 months running 1.0.2 on Rogers using Shawmail. I updated the customize feature and it bricked my phone. 2 days later im up and running on 1.1.1 but now i cant get my phone to connect to the shawmail server. What am i doing wrong? im using Shaw as my incoming mail server and rogers wirelessdata.net as my outgoing mail server. its all set up like before i think.

Any help?

If you are going through POP3 email, I believe the setting for SHAW is:
Incoming (POP3) : pop.shaw.ca

The outgoing (SMTP) server would be the rogers one....

juicy69
Dec 4th, 2007, 11:48 PM
Thanks. i figured that out about an hour later. The guy at SHAW was no help.

Thanks again.

Sony311
Dec 5th, 2007, 02:15 PM
Thanks. i figured that out about an hour later. The guy at SHAW was no help.

Thanks again.

:clap: Cool....I also have a SHAW account and use it only for junk emails... :P Can't trust those guys sometimes...lol...in any case, I am currently using GMAIL now since they started allowing IMAP access to limited accounts which to me is way cooler... ;P