: iphone OOB 1.12 w/ TurboSIM -- Confirmed

jjmcook
Nov 27th, 2007, 06:03 PM
The iphone status (http://docs.google.com/View?docid=dgzw9xs_0gfhxns&pli=1) page has updated and confirmed OOB 1.1.2 working with TurboSIM See the Hackint0sh post (http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/showpost.php?p=132110&postcount=82).

titans88
Nov 27th, 2007, 06:26 PM
The iphone status (http://docs.google.com/View?docid=dgzw9xs_0gfhxns&pli=1) page has updated and confirmed OOB 1.1.2 working with TurboSIM See the Hackint0sh post (http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/showpost.php?p=132110&postcount=82).

Anyone tried this yet? I got my iPhone today, and i'm reluctant to jump in!

kloan
Nov 27th, 2007, 07:48 PM
Anyone tried this yet? I got my iPhone today, and i'm reluctant to jump in!

Why, do you have a TurboSIM?

MACinist
Nov 27th, 2007, 08:16 PM
Although, I didn't know this ahead of time, I prefer the TSim because I have not had to downgrade to do any of the updates. I just update and jailbreak. T-Sim has worked each time.

titans88
Nov 27th, 2007, 08:21 PM
Why, do you have a TurboSIM?

No, I don't - but it is available to me.

kloan
Nov 27th, 2007, 09:28 PM
No, I don't - but it is available to me.
ahh...

i wish i had one... the software upgrades/downgrades/upgrades thing is a little annoying after a while...

scandy
Nov 28th, 2007, 12:05 PM
This is good news... I know its not the anysim unlock that everyone is looking for, but it goes to show that it can be done.

How many days do you expect until anysim is working with 1.1.2?

titans88
Nov 28th, 2007, 12:21 PM
This is good news... I know its not the anysim unlock that everyone is looking for, but it goes to show that it can be done.

How many days do you expect until anysim is working with 1.1.2?

Yea I am wondering the same thing, although it is hard to put a timeline on the process.

scandy
Nov 28th, 2007, 12:26 PM
I think for the previous updates, and for the initial unlock they were pretty close.

titans88
Nov 28th, 2007, 12:28 PM
I think for the previous updates, and for the initial unlock they were pretty close.

Well that is good news! I got my iPhone last night and i'm itching to use it. I keep on taking it out of the box, looking at it...

titans88
Nov 28th, 2007, 04:05 PM
Rather than starting a new thread, i'll ask here.

Has anyone jailbroken an OOB 1.1.2 iPhone?

tristrini
Nov 28th, 2007, 07:05 PM
So is it true?

Can I feel like I've not wasted 400 bucks? Can I unlock my brand new OTB 1.1.2 phone and use it with Rogers with this TurboSIM?

pls confirm.. and how do I get a turbosim?
:lmao:

EtLesMontagnes
Nov 28th, 2007, 08:18 PM
Rather than starting a new thread, i'll ask here.

Has anyone jailbroken an OOB 1.1.2 iPhone?

You can jailbreak an OOB 1.1.2 with iDemocracy on windows

titans88
Nov 28th, 2007, 08:21 PM
You can jailbreak an OOB 1.1.2 with iDemocracy on windows

Oh I know you can. i'm just wondering if anyone has done it yet. I'm having some issues....

I can't get iNdependence to work....it continuously says "Disconnected: waiting for iPhone" and then suddenly quits and says it can't be reopened.

EtLesMontagnes
Nov 28th, 2007, 08:34 PM
Oh I know you can. i'm just wondering if anyone has done it yet. I'm having some issues....

I can't get iNdependence to work....it continuously says "Disconnected: waiting for iPhone" and then suddenly quits and says it can't be reopened.

oh ok. yeah ive been having problems as well. but for me i just dont really understand the steps. i really want to get it activated so i could atleast use the ipod while waiting for an unlock. the only thing i can do right now is go on the internet, take pictures, and access settings basically. it blows.

titans88
Nov 28th, 2007, 08:36 PM
oh ok. yeah ive been having problems as well. but for me i just dont really understand the steps. i really want to get it activated so i could atleast use the ipod while waiting for an unlock. the only thing i can do right now is go on the internet, take pictures, and access settings basically. it blows.

How did you get past this issue? I have no idea what to do.

EtLesMontagnes
Nov 28th, 2007, 08:41 PM
How did you get past this issue? I have no idea what to do.

slide the emergency call bar, then enter *#307# and hit call, then delete the *#307# and enter 0, then hit call again, then hit accept call, then hit hold, then hit decline call this time. you should then be at the contacts list. add a new contact, and change its url to like google or something. then i saved it and when i click the url it brings me to google which lets me use safari. thats all i got up to because im an idiot and cant figure out to actually unlock & jailbreak it!

titans88
Nov 28th, 2007, 08:47 PM
slide the emergency call bar, then enter *#307# and hit call, then delete the *#307# and enter 0, then hit call again, then hit accept call, then hit hold, then hit decline call this time. you should then be at the contacts list. add a new contact, and change its url to like google or something. then i saved it and when i click the url it brings me to google which lets me use safari. thats all i got up to because im an idiot and cant figure out to actually unlock & jailbreak it!

I've read these steps, but I don't think I should do them yet. Do I not need to leave Restore Mode first? My iPhone is stuck at the "connect to Itunes" stage after downgrading to 1.1.1 from 1.1.2. All of the tutroials online suggest running independence once this process is complete in order to boot the iPhone out of this mode.

tristrini
Nov 28th, 2007, 08:57 PM
Before I spend the money and make the effort and even worse screw up my iphone does anyone know for sure that if I activaet (jailbreak) etc the phone and use a turbosim..

can I get full functionalit of the phone.. as well as make calls... a lot of ppl say its true

billwong
Nov 28th, 2007, 11:02 PM
Check this link. iPhone Status Ticker

iPhone Status Document (http://docs.google.com/View?docid=dgzw9xs_0gfhxns&pli=1)