: Proud Owner

bmovie
Nov 25th, 2007, 06:31 PM
My wife just bought me a new MacBook Pro 15" 2.2
So instead of wrapping it up and putting it under the tree....she gave it to me tonight, :D
she said she was afraid I was going to go out and get one myself so she figured she would give it to me now. that way I wouldn't go out and get one.
Ok now to stop grinning.....man how old am I?

anyway just wanted to thank everyones input on which one to purchase.

Mississauga
Nov 25th, 2007, 07:43 PM
Congrats and here's hoping you have many hours, days, weeks, months and years of fun!!!

adagio
Nov 25th, 2007, 07:56 PM
I think your wife should pry that new Mac out of your hands and wrap it up until Christmas. :D

congrats!!

bmovie
Nov 25th, 2007, 09:19 PM
too late...already installing Leopard on it....now to decide between bootcamp or parallels.

Or should I just go back to Tiger?

Benito
Nov 25th, 2007, 09:26 PM
Hey congratulations, that is the same MacBook that I got too. I'm loving it and enjoying learning how to use Leopard.

Nov 25th, 2007, 09:52 PM
too late...already installing Leopard on it....now to decide between bootcamp or parallels.

Or should I just go back to Tiger?

Congrats.

You might want to read this thread on Bootcamp or Parallels: https://www.ehmac.ca/anything-mac/58268-bootcamp-parallels.html

bmovie
Nov 25th, 2007, 10:21 PM
Congrats.

You might want to read this thread on Bootcamp or Parallels: https://www.ehmac.ca/anything-mac/58268-bootcamp-parallels.html

Thanks, I have read this thread and I found it very informative. The only reason I need windows on my machine is for the one time a year I run Quicktax...I used to have a P3 450mhz just for this reason....Imagine a clunker sitting around just for this?
then I went the Virtual PC way on my 1.25ghz Sawtooth...it works but it was slow. so now I have this beast, we'll see how this goes this year.

so I think i'll go the parallels way...seems to be the best way for just running one or two programs.