: MacbookPro Keyboard swappable?

DBerG
Nov 23rd, 2007, 07:37 PM
I've bought a new Macbook Pro, which I'm in love with, but it came with an english-US keyboard layout, is there a way to swap it for a new French canadian one, or I have to use a bluetooth external one?

Edit : What does the three buttons (F8 thru F10) do, because it's kinda gettin in the way of my Exposť shortcuts. Is there a way to change the keymapping so I don't have to press the Fonction key to use Exposť with F8, etc.

phuviano
Nov 23rd, 2007, 08:11 PM
The F8 to F10 keys controls the light on the keyboard. It controls the brightness of the back lit lights. F10 turns it brighter, F9 makes it dimmer, and F8 turns it off.

I don't think you change of those keys. I'm not 100% sure though.

jamesB
Nov 23rd, 2007, 08:36 PM
Is there a way to change the keymapping so I don't have to press the Fonction key to use Exposť with F8, etc.
System Preferences-Keyboard and Mouse-Keyboard
check the box that says"Use all F1, F2 etc as standard function keys"

jb.

phuviano
Nov 23rd, 2007, 08:39 PM
System Preferences-Keyboard and Mouse-Keyboard
check the box that says"Use all F1, F2 etc as standard function keys"

jb.

All this time I didn't think it was possible, now I know it is. :clap:

DBerG
Nov 23rd, 2007, 10:03 PM
That's useful, thanks! But does anyone know if the keyboard is removable, doesn't look like it is though...

MacDoc
Nov 23rd, 2007, 10:20 PM
Relatively expensive and not for you to do. Any Apple service provider can do it for you.

GlassOnion
Nov 24th, 2007, 01:04 AM
If you decide to buy the new Apple bluethoot keyboard contact me I have one brand new in the box, french canadian model. I also have a brand new MacBook Pro keyboard US layout that I would sell or trade for the french canadian one.