: best photo printer your opinion please

D. Keeping
May 31st, 2004, 03:48 PM
I am looking for a photo printer just for photo I have a laser printer as a main printer. I have been looking at the Epson R200 with 6 ink tanks. cost of ink is important.
I am looking for opinions please

derek

Neil Yates
Jun 1st, 2004, 05:10 AM
If the cost of ink is your most vital variable in purchasing a photo printer, then go with a 777 or C80/82/84, since these printers have 3rd-party ink available on eBay for as low as $5US + shipping for color sets.

However, if you're looking for low picolitre count, CD/DVD printing options, DirectPrint/PictBridge/Exif2.2 support, multi-tank support, and full-bleed with very fast print times, i'd go with a R200, R300, or R800 - the latter supporting a FireWire connection and the lowest picolitre specs on the market.

A lot of people don't realize this, but the lower the picolitre droplet size, the less ink you use per impression. The very fact that you switch from a printer with a 4 to 2 picolitre count will effectively DOUBLE your impressions per tank-set.

Hope this helps...

TCB
Jun 1st, 2004, 10:57 AM
I have the epson photo 820 and now the R200....the R200 is VERY nice. Not a pig on inks and very nice prints....cool for cd/dvd too!

Bolor
Jun 1st, 2004, 12:17 PM
I have the RX500 Multi. Six cartridges and good prints. I thought the price ($350) was reasonable and it scans negatives and slides too ... bonus smile.gif

D. Keeping
Jun 1st, 2004, 06:39 PM
Thanks for the Input
As most of my colour printing will be 6X4 I bought a Epson Picture Mate this morning and have been printing and playing with it ever since. I am very impressed with the quality of the prints. I have been printing mostly Negatives that I have scanned with Dimage Scan Daul III at PhotoCD1024X1536 Res. 4.5 Meg file size I have cropped and removed some of the scratches with PhotoShop Elements before printing. It is very Hard to tell the different between the photo and the Epson print.
More Later
DereK