: AGP Radeon vs GeForce MX

Kardnal
May 28th, 2004, 03:35 PM
I'm planning on picking up a Cube some time next week, and was planning on upgrading the video card on it.

My question is this, which would be the better card to get. An ATI Radeon 32MB (DDR w/DVI and SVid AGP MAC) or a 32MB AGP GeForceMX?

Are there any noticable performance differences between these two cards? QuartzExtremem should work with both of them, and they'll both fit in my Cube. Does it matter which one I get?

(The cards would be used for mostly non-gaming use. The only games I really play are UT, or QIII, and I'm pretty sure both of these cards can handle those games tongue.gif )

Thanks for any insight provided

gordguide
May 28th, 2004, 04:06 PM
I find the Radeons have better 2D performance (ie desktop use, not gaming); it's most noticeable when you look at text sharpness and definition, especially at smaller type sizes, and at the corners/edges of the screen.

monokitty
May 28th, 2004, 04:26 PM
The ATI Radeon is far better than the Geforce 2 MX (both 32 MB) in both 2D and 3D performance. ATI also has better support for their Radeon cards and better drivers.

Kardnal
May 28th, 2004, 07:48 PM
Thanks guys, a Radeon it will be then. 8)

gundamguy
May 29th, 2004, 07:54 AM
Ya Radeons are better, and mac geforce 2s are expensive as hell, unless you flash a pc one.

insertclevername
May 29th, 2004, 10:29 AM
The best card that fits the cube is the Geforce 3 but it is REALLY expensive and overkill in your situation.