: Got a week off, where should I go?

maximusbibicus
Nov 13th, 2007, 01:44 PM
Finishing old job this Friday, starting new job on the 26th.

Got a week to get away. I would rather not spend a load of money.....cause i am not making money. Trips down to DR, Mexico, Cuba are out of the question. Looking for more of a road trip.

Ideas so far:

Miami
Grand Canyon

Any other suggestions?

:D

MacDoc
Nov 13th, 2007, 02:36 PM
Ugh - November - If you have not seen the Kennedy Space Centre it's glorious and if you time the trip right you can overnight in cheap motels about 14 hours south.

Kissimee will have tons of empty spaces.

Weather west might be nasty.

That said I bet Cuba is available all inclusive for $700 or so.

maximusbibicus
Nov 13th, 2007, 02:41 PM
Excuse my ignorance.....but where is the Kennedy Space Centre? :o

Is it in Florida? That sounds interesting.

MacDoc
Nov 13th, 2007, 04:27 PM
Yes - previously known as Cape Canaveral ( and may be returning to that ).

Spend a day. Keep your wallet tight - you'll want to buy stuff.

Nice break - easy drive.

HowEver
Nov 13th, 2007, 04:41 PM
At first I thought the thread was about people taking "a week off" from ehMac, since it has been phrased that way...

I recommend a week touring beautiful Canada. Go east or go west.

MacDoc
Nov 13th, 2007, 04:49 PM
In November ??!!

rgray
Nov 13th, 2007, 04:52 PM
Cross at Niagara and cruise across upstate NY thru the Adirondaks, cut south of Lake Chaplain across Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine and into New Brunswick through Calais/St Stephen (where you can go thru the Ganong chocolate factory) and right across to the Northumberland Strait (as in fresh lobster and seafood), north thru Bathurst, etc., round the Gaspe to Riviere du Loup where you grab the ferry across the St Lawrence viewing the Belugas, and along the north shore to Quebec City. take 40 to Montreal and 401 back to TO.... easy week, fantastic scenery all the way. There's the outlets in North Conway and in November accomadation is going to be as cheap as it is ever going to be!! US gasoline is about 3/4 the price of Canadian. And the dollar is high!!

HowEver
Nov 13th, 2007, 05:16 PM
In November ??!!

Yes!!

maximusbibicus
Nov 13th, 2007, 05:34 PM
In November ??!!

Haha, my thoughts exactly. If this happened in the summer, i would drive up the east coast and go whale watching in a heartbeat.

Dr.G.
Nov 13th, 2007, 09:36 PM
"I recommend a week touring beautiful Canada. Go east or go west." I agree with HowEver. Come all the way east, to beautiful St.John's. Then, keep going east, about 13km, and you shall be at Cape Spear, the furthest easterly point in North America. This area is best seen in July, but you will see the harshness of the North Atlantic at this time of year. Many have come and stayed (I did, but I first came in March, not November, which is even harsher). Some have come and experienced this harsh climate ...... only to return home and be grateful for where they are currently living.

Bon voyage.

MasterBlaster
Nov 13th, 2007, 09:41 PM

Dr.G.
Nov 13th, 2007, 10:48 PM
"Edmonton is quite nice in February." Try St.John's in February. If Environment Canada is correct about La Nina, then we should be past the 20 foot mark by Valentines Day ............. with 25 feet of snow by Canada Day.