: Lots of Vintage Macs at Value Village

capitalK
May 27th, 2004, 06:45 PM
Just an FYI, I check Value Village all the time and they often have an old Mac or two, but the Value Village in Toronto at Queen Street East and Logan is stocked full of them.

Now don't get too excited, there's no iMacs there, or Performas or even a Quadra. What they do have is a few Mac IIsi's, a IIfx and a couple more of that generation. A lot of them have Ontario Hydro stickers on them, it would be interesting to see what they were used for (assuming the data is still there).

I am forbidden to bring home junk like that, but at about $6 a pop I figured someone on this board might want to add to their collection or start a Mac museum.

Oh and they had some of those nice old Radius monitors that were really tall for doing page layout.

capitalK
May 27th, 2004, 06:46 PM
Sorry about the double post, I changed it from "vitage" to "vintage" in the last second.

My bad.

Macaholic
May 27th, 2004, 07:35 PM
Nifty smile.gif The Bondi iMacs you occasionally hear of are the really lucky finds!

capitalK
May 27th, 2004, 07:48 PM
Yah, a good friend of mine got one of those and also found a Pismo Powerbook at a yard sale for (I think) about $40.

The screen was dead, but it worked perfectly with a monitor attached to the VGA port.

Some guys have all the luck.

Strongblade
May 27th, 2004, 07:59 PM
At $6 a unit, i'd take 10!

Alas, I'm in Ottawa...