: Mac Games-Too expensive for me!

davidslegend
May 24th, 2004, 11:22 PM
Hi,

I've heard of some of you playing the new Halo game & others going online to compete in Allied Assault (?) but, I went out to price these at a local store & they are in the 70$ range. You can pick these titles for the pc up for 30-40$ repectfully. :rolleyes: graemlins/greedy.gif

Well, I just wanted to mention what a bummer it is & I wanted to see if anyone here had advice of where & when to get games on sale. I remember someone listing a Montreal site who sold games for the mac reasonalbly but, lost the link.

Thanks!

Cheers,

davidslegend

monokitty
May 24th, 2004, 11:29 PM
New titles are always expensive - wait a few months, and some prices on some games may come down quite a ways. The reason Mac games are so much more expensive than their PC-counterparts is because the Mac version doesn't sell nearly as well as the PC version; therefore, a heavier price tag is set to make up the some of the difference.

I know the feeling. I bought the original Unreal Tournament for $84.95 at EBGames just 3 years ago when its PC-counterpart was about just $40.00 or so. tongue.gif

jonmon
May 24th, 2004, 11:39 PM
That's why I have a PC, to play games smile.gif

RicktheChemist
May 25th, 2004, 02:09 AM

monokitty
May 25th, 2004, 12:00 PM
Mac game prices drop like a rock after a few weeks..Not always - depends on the popularilty of the game. Warcraft 3 is still over $50.00 at some retailers, for example.

mojoprofilms
May 25th, 2004, 12:16 PM
Unreal 2004 however was released at a very reasonable price, $54.95 I believe.

You know, you can always be patient and buy them used.

mojoprofilms
May 25th, 2004, 12:17 PM
Unreal 2004 however was released at a very reasonable price, $54.95 I believe.

You know, you can always be patient and buy them used.

IronMac
May 25th, 2004, 12:31 PM
Lars is absolutely right about Mac game pricing. Some titles will come down in price but never fast or far enough.

My next computer (perhaps this summer) will probably be a homebrew PC for gaming purposes only.

ehMax
May 25th, 2004, 06:52 PM
Sometimes we get lucky with games like Warcraft and the Mac and PC version are in the same box, but not very often. :(

james_squared
May 25th, 2004, 08:12 PM
Hello,

Although I do agree that most Mac games are somewhat pricey, there are lots of great shareware titles out there to choose from if your fiscally responsible, such as myself.

James

BabeBetty
May 26th, 2004, 03:04 AM
I think I can help, davidslegend..

The link you're looking for is

camelot.ca (http://www.camelot.ca)

I've ordered games from them - they came quickly and no-cost shipping. All Canadian $, and OK prices. Unfortunately, I looked up Halo and it's still $70 (for now.)

But, if you have a VISA card, you can get 10% off your order, before May 31, 2004. I know a guy who got a deal on Adobe Creative Suite this way.

Camelot VISA promotion (http://www.camelot.ca/en/promotions/Visa2004/index.html)

If timing isn't good for you, don't worry. They seem to have this promotion periodically. Search around their site for other games - they do have some bargains!
- Cheers graemlins/greedy.gif