: Entourage

Chealion
May 24th, 2004, 04:50 PM
I really dislike the program, but I've been asked to discover if it is possible for links entered to automatically change themselves. It doesn't seem to work in X or 2004 versions.

Is there anything one can do? The more I find out about Entourage. the more I dislike it, anyone else find that?

Thanks in advance.

Macaholic
May 25th, 2004, 04:20 AM
While it is not perfect, Entourage -- like Outlook -- has the awesome function of fully integrated email and PIM functions. I hate to say it, but I love Entourage for this reason alone, and cannot fathom why other PIMs or Email clients don't follow suit. Also, count me lucky I suppose, but I have never experienced data loss with Entourage **touches wood**

Ohenri
May 25th, 2004, 08:38 AM
I agree w/a Mac here as well, My only beef with Entourage is the slugglish perf for that I get in my Pismo. OE was so snappy! I honestly liked OE as well. I have not used anything else in so long... Thought about Mail, but I was not ready to have a separate address book, plus there were some details I didn't like.

if it is possible for links entered to automatically change themselves Do you mean sending HTML Emails?? I believe there's a script for that somewhere and I believe the link is somewhere in ehMac is well...

H!

Macaholic
May 25th, 2004, 10:38 AM
OE was so snappyProbably because you were running it in OS 9 ;)

iGeeK
May 25th, 2004, 01:41 PM
I don't know if anything can be done to solve the problem you describe, but can concur that Entourage is evil.

My usage path was:

OS 9 ...Eudora, Outlook Express
OS X Entourage, Mail...

The switch from Eudora to Outlook was because there was a period with the (since defunct) @home, when Eudora had issues with the ISP and vice versa.

A lot of my clients had Entourage, and also a lot of problems. All switched to Eudora or Mail by now.
My stress level is thus much decreased. :D

Cheers,

G/<