Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

back to my mac issues

3K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  imactheknife 
#1 ·
i have it enabled on both of my leopard machines, when on my home network it works flawlessly, but when i ma connected via internet (example like now i ma on bell cellular) the othe mac is not visible nor is this computer visible from the imac...(in other words it doesnt work)

any have this sorted?

#3 ·
i will read that, thanks!

one would think the AEBS would work without any trouble, but i was monkeying with the settings trying to do this via Wide area bonjour so i may have buggered stuff up...:eek:

#5 ·
Having the same problems...I think the macs are not being published by Bonjour..I am wondering if it is an ISP thing....inside..everything works wonderfully...:) outside not so much...

M

Have you tried since updating to 10.5.2? I think the update fixed some issues with this.

#6 ·
updated

Yes , I have 10.5.2 all the way around , still scratching my head, I have tried resetting the modem this morning and will try to connect again. I have tried using the command K to mannually log in..but that doesnt work either...this is what leads me to believe the address isnt being published...this feature will be awesome if I can just get it to work !

M

#9 ·
back to my Mac..?

Hi, I have a AEBS set up with NAT enabled using 192. ip addressing, (tried 10. same thing..) the share screen and stuff works great inside my house but when I go external ..nothing shows up in my finder...I have a speedstream 5200 series modem with Bell....help me obi-wan your my only hope !

MDG

#10 ·
I have the same issues as MDG - works GREAT in my house on my local network, I can screen share and file share until the cows come home - MacBook sees iMac sees MacMini. As soon as I leave the house however and log onto a different network, I can no longer see my iMac or MacMini.

I am running 10.5.2 on all machines, all are relatively new machines (intel Core 2 Duo). I have enabled "Back to my Mac" under .Mac system preferences and have enabled "file sharing" and "screen sharing" under the "Sharing" system preferences. I have "Enable NAT Port Mapping Protocol" checked under "airport utility". I am a .Mac subscriber... I just don't know why it won't work. It has never worked for me outside of my home.

Has Anyone got Back to my Mac working?

Here is my network:
I have:
1 Cable Modem (Rogers)
1 Airport Extreme in office (Gigabit version 802.11n)
1 Airport Extreme in living room (Gigabit version 802.11n)
[Airport extremes in WDS configuration to bring 802.11n speed to MacMini]
1 Airport Express (802.11g) [wired to Airport Extreme in Office]

1 MacBook 802.11n
1 Dell Laptop 802.11g (to Airport Express)
1 iMac (wired to first Airport Extreme in office)
1 MacMini (wired to second Airport Extreme)
1 Xbox 360 (wired to second Airport Extreme in living room)
1 Wii 802.11g to Airport Express)

Cheers!

p.s. - please - no one try to convince me to lay an ethernet cable from the office to the living room. This is not an option.

#12 ·
Hi, I hope this isn't thread hi jacking but WHY is it so slow to dload a file off my other mac using bonjour?? it's so SLLOOOWW! I have cable internet but it's like .5 meg per second?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.